In a venomous Instagram post, Roger Stone derided Mrs. Bush, who died last year, as “nasty, rude, vindictive, entitled”
Among other details, according to author Susan Page, she kept a clock near her bed counting down to the end of Trump's term and she voted for a write-in candidate in the 2016 election, despite being the matriarch of the Republican Party's most famous political family.
But she could not seem to stomach her son's successor in the White House. Trump rose to power in part on attacking George W. Bush 's presidency and mocking his brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush , who unsuccessfully ran for president in 2016.
Stone, in a venomous Instagram post , dismissed Mrs. Bush's disdain for the man who beat her son in the 2016 presidential primary.
"She's dead and he's president- who won that one?" Stone wrote Friday alongside a photo of Mrs. Bush. "Nasty, rude, vindictive, entitled , self-important – that's the woman I had several unpleasant encounters with." (It was the second time in as many days that Stone attacked her .)
Stone is no stranger to shameless self-promotion and he can seem a giddy bomb-thrower on social media. His Friday post was met with some support but received many sharply-worded replies from commenters.
"It's a sad day when an old man attacks a deceased old lady. Like everyone told Trump to drop the John McCain thing how about you dropping the thing on Barbara Bush and respect the dead," one user wrote.
Another, referring to the "Make America Great Again" abbreviation that has become shorthand for Trump supporters, wrote, "She is not here to defend herself. These maga clowns need to be checked!"
Stone's relationship with President Trump dates back decades — including advising him on a potential campaign in 2012, according to the New York Times — but he has never held a position in Trump's administration. That has not stopped him from trumpeting their connection, however.
"I am one of his oldest friends," Stone said earlier this year. "I am a fervent supporter of the president."
For his part, Trump has not been fazed by Mrs. Bush's reported dislike of him. He told the Washington Times recently: "I have heard that she was nasty to me, but she should be. Look what I did to her sons."
- Justice Kavanaugh wants us to know he's won
- Ex-Trump aide wants court to decide if he has to testify in impeachment probe
- Trump and Susan Rice get in nasty Twitter fight after ex-Obama adviser's Syria comments
- Ex-Pompeo Adviser with No Direct Knowledge on Ukraine Testifies in Impeachment Probe
- Impeachment inquiry to move on despite ex-Trump aide refusal to testify
- EXCLUSIVE: Defense secretary Jim Mattis said he would rather 'swallow acid' than let Donald Trump throw bizarre $50M 'Victory Day parade' and said president's summit with Putin was 'like sex in the 90s'
- In the Trump Administration, Motherhood Is a Tool of White Supremacy
- 'I can't control what anyone else does': Tulsi Gabbard defends herself against Hillary Clinton's claims she's being 'groomed' by Russia as she continues to get a frequent mention in Kremlin-backed media
- Robbins: It's over; Trump is going to be the Republican nominee
- Trump made 87 false claims last week, including 40 in a single day
- Trump fact check: 87 false claims in a week, 40 in one day
- Donald Trump will go to Sunday's World Series game (if the Nationals don't sweep in 4) but DOESN'T want to throw out the first pitch because of how he would look in 'a lot of heavy armor'
- 'He is a disgrace': President Trump faces a deluge of criticism for skipping a memorial ceremony honoring fallen American Marines who died in World War One because of the RAIN
- President Trump: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead
- Fact check: Trump made 87 false claims last week, including 40 in a single day
- Missing From the Lineup When the World Series Comes to Washington: the President
- Waiting for Bolton: A capital speculates on what Trump’s former national security adviser will say
- Trump White House is what a real culture of corruption looks like
- 'There is nothing weak about kindness and compassion': Obama throws shade at Trump at funeral of Elijah Cummings as he says you are not a 'sucker to have integrity'
- 'Crazy' and a 'hand grenade': Here's how House impeachment witnesses describe elements of Trump's Ukraine policy
Ex-Trump Adviser Spews Bile at Barbara Bush: 'She's Dead and He's President — Who Won That One?' have 876 words, post on people.com at April 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.