With 2018 viewer ratings higher than ever before, it is no surprise that ITV2’s Love Island is returning again for a fifth series.
In a few months time, a fresh batch of singletons will be heading into the famous villa for a summer of love and plenty of drama.
Here’s everything we know about the 2019 series so far.
When will it be on and how long for?
At the moment, an exact time and date for the launch of Love Island hasn’t been announced, but judging from previous series it can be assumed that episode one will air around Monday June 3. However, in the land of TV nothing is certain.
Love Island has got bigger every year both in terms of viewers and the length of time spent in the villa. Series one lasted just five and a bit weeks and series four, the 2018 series, ran for eight weeks in total. So we can only hope that it will be extended again this year.
Is it too late to apply?
Applications are currently still open, and close on April 30, so there is still time to get involved if you’re dreaming of a few million followers and a boohoo deal.
After being criticised each series for the lack of diversity among contestants, Love Island producers have promised to include curvier contestants this year
A show source told the Daily Star Sunday : “One thing that keeps coming up is the lack of body shape diversity. Viewers want to see girls and boys with bodies they can relate to.
“Sexy singles come in all shapes and sizes and this is what the viewers will see this year. It’s a really positive move.”
Who are the rumoured contestants?
Although no contestants have been officially confirmed yet, like all reality shows there have been rumours flying around for the past few months. Here’s a glimpse at who could be potentially entering the famous villa.
Real Housewives of Chesire star Dawn Ward’s daughter Taylor is rumoured for this series, after she turned down the opportunity to appear on last years show.
The blonde beauty already boasts 195k followers and frequently uploads a range of stunning snaps.
Speaking to Heart.co.uk Dawn said, when asked about last years rumours: “There was a possibility she was” [due to appear.]
Ashley’s [Taylor’s dad] mum’s got Alzheimer’s, his dad was diagnosed with a brain tumour so we had a lot of family things going on. Taylor and the family decided the family needed to be around, and so it wasn’t the right time for Taylor,” she added.
And asked whether she thought she might go on this year, Dawn told Heart: “Never say never. She’s really busy with her influencing and bringing out a fashion brand.”
Megan Barton Hanson
As one of the program’s most controversial contestants of 2018, Megan’s antics in the villa made for unmissable vieiwing.
As a late entrant on day eight, Megan, who now has 1.8 million Instagram followers, immediately turned the heads of most of the lads in the villa, including those that were coupled up.
Doctor Alex tried and failed to couple up with her, and Megan then chose to couple up with Eyal Booker, whom she shared a raunchy night with in the ‘Hideaway’ before pieing him off. She then broke up one of the villas strongest couples, and Wes ditched Laura for Megan at the drop of a hat.
Wes and Megan then made it all the way to the final, seeming very much smitten for the months that followed too. However, during Wes’s stint on Dancing on Ice, the couple announced their split, and Megan’s friends have hinted to the Daily Star that she would be willing to do it all again.
“Megan will be raring to go and meet blokes now it’s finished with Wes, a pal said.
“We reckon it’s an ideal tonic to get over Wes. She should apply now.”
Watch this space.
You might already recognise the name, and that is because Jane Park first entered the public eye when she scooped £1 million on the Euromillions aged just 17.
Ever since, she has hit the tabloids for many personal reasons, including her failed love life.
Speaking to Sunday People last year, she explained, “I’ve had s*** relationships and it’s left me with a massive guard up. With the last one, I showered him with gifts. I thought it would make him happy.
“I bought him a Rolex, a car, clothes every week. I regret it all.”
Now aged 23, Jane is apparently hoping to trade Scotland for Spain this summer.
A source reportedly told The Sun: “Chiefs approached her before but Jane didn’t feel ready. She’s single now and feels like the time is right it explore her options.
“She loved last year’s show and thinks it might give her something long-lasting.”
Ethan is the younger brother of Gabby Allen, who starred in the 2017 series. The attractive model sent fans in a spin during the friends and family episode of 2017, and apparently this year bosses are keen to get Ethan on board.
He already boasts nearly 55k Instagram followers and frequently posts an array of posed pictures.
“He’s not fully on board yet, and it’s too early to say who’s definitely going on the show, but he’s in talks and Gabby is encouraging him to do it,” revealed an insider.
Amelia’s sister, Chloe Goodman is already known for appearing in Ex on the Beach and Celebrity Big Brother and her other sister Lauryn Goodman is a social media influencer, so it might be no surprise that Amelia is rumoured to be entering the industry.
Her Instagram account is already full of a range of pics from her trips around the world and nights spent in posh hotels, so it appears that she could get used to the lifestyle easily.
Last year, the Daily Mail published that Amelia, who is from Brighton, was previously due to enter the villa for the 2018 series, so, it could be that this year is her time to shine.
Braelin Kail Perry
The 20-year-old model from Atlanta has previously confirmed that she had been approached by producers to take part in series five.
Braelin has already racked up almost 9,500 followers on Instagram and 21,000 on Twitter.
On March 6, she tweeted to say that she had been asked to appear on the show, before replying to one of her followers: “I’m 20, and I have never been in a relationship before. I can’t already be going on love shows.”
Something tells me she could easily be persuaded though.
- Love Island's Rachel Fenton reveals she's tested positive for COVID-19 as nurse tells how she lost the ability to taste and smell... which ISN'T on the official list of symptoms
- The All New Monty returns to ITV TONIGHT – but who is in the 2019 line-up and what time is it on?
- Caroline Flack 'shared a smooch with a music mogul' following a flirty night out at the BRIT Awards... after claiming her cougar label is a 'badge of honour'
- Lewis Capaldi reveals he was a mistake as his dad was supposed to get a vasectomy after having three children
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's quarantine is over: Hollywood couple struck down by coronavirus pictured smiling in LA after flying back home from Australia via private jet
- Call of Duty: Warzone review: Plundering the competition
- Tasmanian Government's effort to 'reset relationship' with Aboriginal community 'a disaster', advocates say
- Ireland’s Shane Lowry stays calm to win first major at the Open as rivals fade
- Ocean Shock: Fish flee for cooler waters, upending lives in U.S. South
- Terrifying moment great white shark leaps from water with teeth glistening in the sun captured by brave Brit
- The best podcasts for kids
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Bugs Guide - How To Catch, Prices, And More
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: How To Make Money Guide
- The Best Xbox One Games Of All Time (March 2020)
- Zero Hour: There’s No Stopping Climate Change, But How Bad It Gets Is Still Up To Us
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint blueprint locations: where to find new weapons and attachments
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: New DLC Details Revealed
- 'People are panic-buying cocaine': the drug dealer, spaceman, therapist and others on life after coronavirus
- So you want to be a gamer. Here's how you can start.
- Ashley Bloomfield is finally having a day off
Everything we know about Love Island 2019 so far have 1412 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.