close Video Dr. Marc Siegel: Measles is spreading, with the most US cases in 19 years People who were vaccinated against the measles between 1963-1989 may not be fully immune to the viral infection, Dr. Marc Siegel explains. Measles continues to spread in the U.S. It has already infected 695 people in 22 states so far this year – the highest number in 19 years, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports. This is a serious disease that should not be increasing in our country. The very safe and highly effective MMR vaccine – which protects against measles, mumps and rubella – eliminated domestic cases of measles in the U.S. in 2000. Most of the U.S. measles cases this year are in pockets of New York (Williamsburg in Brooklyn and Rockland County) and in Washington state. The disease was brought there by travelers arriving from other countries and spread primarily among unvaccinated people. DR. MARC SIEGEL: MEASLES – AND VACCINE NON-COMPLIANCE – MEETS PUBLIC HEALTH Anti-vaccine activists – known as anti-vaxxers – are fueling the problem by spreading the myth that vaccines are unsafe and may cause autism. In fact, several large studies have disproven this false claim. It… Read full this story
- 'A victim of their own success': How vaccines became a casualty of misinformation in the U.S.
- Why parents should feel at ease about getting their kids vaccinated
- Measles surge is killing thousands worldwide as plummeting vaccine rates lead to an 'alarming upsurge'
- People Born Before 1989 May Need Another Measles Vaccine
- MMR complacency is putting children at risk as experts warn that parents who don't vaccinate have forgotten the devastating impact of diseases
- Prevent Swine Flu Using a Safe, Natural, Proven Method
- The Vaccination "Conspiracy"
- The Pregnant Traveler - Safety Tips and Immunization Schedule
- The Increasing Incidence of Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma (CMM) In Ireland
- Warning - Swine Flu, H1N1 Resembles 1918 Virus That Killed Millions - Are You Prepared?
Dr. Marc Siegel: Protect against measles with safe and effective MMR vaccine have 307 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.