Theresa May visits Berlin and Paris to seek Brexit delay support Daniel Kawczynski: The ERG is putting Brexit in jeopardy, I had no choice but to quit Shanker Singham: There is still time to secure a better deal from the EU Patrick O’Flynn MEP: The idea we could be back for another term is shocking Sketch: While May begs for delay, the Tory meltdown continues Leaked letter: Liam Fox warns against customs union move Brexit is poised to be delayed by up to a year after European leaders warned Theresa May that her proposal for a short extension until the end of June was too much of a “risk” following weeks of Parliamentary chaos. Emmanuel Macron, the French President, is understood to have proposed a nine-month Brexit extension to the Prime Minister during talks in Paris on Tuesday – with the threat of regular three-month reviews to ensure that Britain does not undermine EU business while it remains a member. Ahead of a key summit in Brussels on Wednesday evening to decide on the Brexit extension, Donald Tusk wrote to EU leaders on Tuesday evening saying there was “little reason to believe” Mrs May would get a Brexit deal through Parliament before the summer. She had been given… Read full this story
- 'There is ONLY hard Brexit': EU chief Donald Tusk crushes hopes of Remain camp who want Britain to stay in the single market
- 'I miss her,' says Juncker as EU heads meet without Theresa May
- Attempt to secure delayed departure from EU could leave UK on course for no-deal Brexit, senior lawyer warns
- 'We will deliver on Brexit!' Theresa May and David Davis insist there will NOT be a Commons vote on triggering Article 50 despite Tory rebels joining forces with Labour
- Revealed: Boris Johnson ‘wrote unpublished newspaper column urging Britain to stay in the EU just TWO DAYS before announcing he was pro-Brexit’
- How the Irish backstop emerged as May's Brexit nemesis
- In Michigan, delayed absentee ballots raise more concerns about November U.S. elections
- Brexit means drifting apart but we don't want to build a wall - Tusk
- Brexit: What happens if the PM gets a deal with the EU?
- David Cameron admits he felt 'naive' after Michael Gove promised to 'make one speech and that's it' about Brexit only to betray him and become a leading Vote Leave campaigner
Donald Tusk recommends EU insists on a year-long Brexit extension as MPs vote to delay until June 30 have 388 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.