HBO has not been amused by the president’s love of copying Game of Thrones , once tweeting: “How do you say trademark misuse in Dothraki?”
On Twitter Thursday morning, before the rest of the world could even read special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia report , President Donald Trump used a Game of Thrones -inspired meme to crow about the "haters" and "radical" Democrats who in his view had been proven wrong.
The meme that he tweeted includes a dramatic, smoke-filled photo of himself with his back turned and the text: "No obstruction. No collusion. For the haters and the radical left Democrats—Game Over."
The latter phrase is styled in Game of Thrones title font, which is a favorite of the president's .
He once shared a poster of himself with the words "Sanctions Are Coming" (referring to Iran sanctions) and, on Instagram, posted a photo of his face with the text "The Wall Is Coming," referring to his failed efforts to negotiate for border wall funding with Congress. Both memes used the Game of Thrones font .
HBO has not been amused, tweeting in November : "How do you say trademark misuse in Dothraki?"
After Trump's latest post, the network reportedly said in a statement : "Though we can understand the enthusiasm for Game of Thrones now that the final season has arrived, we still prefer our intellectual property not be used for political purposes."
The president's tweet came ahead of the release of the full Mueller report (albeit with some redactions). His lawyers were allowed to read the redacted report before its public release.
Trump has long railed against the Mueller investigation as a politically motivated "witch hunt." Mueller was named special counsel in 2017 in the wake of then-FBI Director James Comey, and Mueller was authorized to continue the investigation into Russia's efforts to influence he 2016 presidential election and any links between Russia and Trump.
While Mueller found "numerous" such links, "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities," according to his report.
Mueller separately analyzed whether the president may have illegally obstructed the Russia investigation, but Mueller did not reach a conclusion on that question.
However, Attorney General William Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein concluded the president had not obstructed justice.
- Andrew Cuomo meets Donald Trump in the Oval Office for talks on testing and says Navy can take back hospital ship Comfort during 'functional effective' meeting - but two did NOT pose for press photos
- Donald Trump slams Jeff Sessions as not 'mentally qualified' to be attorney general - even though he appointed him to the job - as feud between two men shows no sign of abating
- The Madness of Donald Trump
- Donald Trump's Tweets are a Treasure Trove for Mueller Investigation, Judge Napolitano Says
- Frequent Trump Defender Alan Dershowitz Says Mueller Report Will Be 'Devastating'
- Michael Cohen Says He Lied to Congress 'Out of Loyalty' to Donald Trump and His 'Political Messaging'
- Donald Trump will sign executive order on 'social media' after threatening to CLOSE platforms he claims are censoring conservatives in wake of Twitter fact-checking his tweets
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says he would 'SHUT DOWN' Twitter if he could as he signs executive order against 'anti-conservative bias' on social media and claims it is 'a threat to freedom itself' – but won't delete his account
- Donald Trump threatens to 'strongly regulate or close' social media for trying to 'silence conservative voices' after Twitter fact-checks two of his 'misleading' tweets
- Google, Facebook and Twitter face bias reckoning: Donald Trump will sign executive order threatening to investigate and CLOSE web giants he claims are censoring conservatives in wake of Twitter fact-check row
- Donald Trump slams Nancy Pelosi as 'sick' after she called him 'morbidly obese' and claims research warning hydroxy is dangerous is 'a Trump enemy statement' as he doubles down on taking it to 'prevent' coroanvirus
- Donald Trump claims veterans in a study which found hydroxy can kill 'were READY TO DIE' as he falsely denies FDA warning not to take it outside hospitals - then makes two cabinet members back him up
- Donald Trump says it was fine for Mike Pompeo to have staffers do chores including dog-walking and dish-washing because 'maybe his wife wasn't there' as he backs firing IG who was investigating secretary of state
- 'I've never seen so many American flags!' Donald Trump defends protesters demanding lockdown is lifted as he says they just have 'cabin fever' and 'love our country'
- The pre-shutdown Donald Trump is back
- Donald Trump's WHO Letter About China Explained: An Annotated Timeline
- EXCLUSIVE: Artist who was hired by Jeffrey Epstein to paint naked portraits of his underage victims reveals how Donald Trump ogled her and had to be ushered to another room, as pedophile said: 'No, no, no, she's not here for you'
- Donald Trump's Boast That He Is Helping Farmers by Giving Them Subsidies Is 'B.S.,' Says Head of Wisconsin Farmers Union: 'We Don't Want Government Handouts'
- Twitter fact-checks Donald Trump for the first time
- PM Modi not in ‘good mood’ over Ladakh standoff with China, says Donald Trump
Donald Trump Reacts to Mueller Report with (Another) Game of Thrones-Inspired Tweet have 945 words, post on people.com at April 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.