0 Have your say A cookery school has launched a series of intensive courses targeting “career changers” and which is aimed at plugging the shortage of kitchen workers expected post-Brexit. Leading chefs and restaurant managers have warned that they are already struggling to recruit staff – with many saying the situation will get worse when Britain leaves the European Union.Now the Edinburgh School of Food and Wine has created a series of nine-month intensive courses to replace the standard two-year version aimed at getting potential workers up to speed faster. They say they have started to see an increase in the number of people in their 30s and 40s taking redundancy payments from jobs in industries such as financial services who are keen to move into the restaurant industry.Chef Mark Greenaway, who has just opened a new restaurant, Grazing by Mark Greenaway, in Edinburgh’s Waldorf Astoria Hotel on Princes Street, has previously spoken of struggles to recruit staff at his previous venture, with many applicants failing to turn up for interview.He said: “When we put the adverts out for chefs for Grazing, we got over 50 applicants – so it looks like there are still chefs out there looking for… Read full this story
- Astra joins Visa's Fintech Fast Track Program in the U.S.
- Asnuntuck Offers Late Start Courses
- ASU Reps Visit FDR Middle School to Support Technology Courses
- China fast-tracks customs clearance for epidemic control goods
- Drug firms urged to keep up No Deal Brexit stockpiles amid fears coronavirus could spark supply crisis
- Council may fast-track Vermilion River dredging with local funding
- Thousands at risk of deadly bowel cancer because NHS staff shortages impact screening tests
- Hungary is on a fast track to the past
- 4 POCSO fast-track courts in district
- Seeking files from MIDC aimed at fast-tracking process: Subhash Desai
Cook school offers fast-track courses to tackle Brexit staff shortage fears have 303 words, post on www.scotsman.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.