Real Madrid stumbled at Butarque, drawing 1-1 with Leganes, as their 2018/19 woes show no sign of going away. Dani Carvajal was whistled on his return to Leganes, where he is from but never played, though he only wanted to focus on the fans who showed him love and support. “I’m thinking about the people who applaud me when I come here,” he said. “Some accuse me of disrespecting them when I played here with Castilla but it’s not true.” There are still six games to play in LaLiga Santander, though, and Madrid will want to take maximum points from those. “We have to try to win the remaining 18 points,” he said. “We want to finish as high as possible and clear our minds on our holidays before next season. “We’re not used to this but it’s what we deserve.” The players have come under pressure for their performance this season, but Carvajal says it’s to be expected. “We’re adults and we know what we have to work for,” he said. “It’s rare not to compete for titles and if you don’t have a good year you’re going to be questioned or face not being here next year. “I… Read full this story
- Much at stake in Leganes vs Getafe South Madrid derby
- Love Island's Sophie accused of lying, 'disrespecting' Connor and 'playing game'
- Winslet's "Impossible" Dream Comes True
- 'Disrespectful and wrong to our PM and my country': Furious Hunt blasts Trump for calling May a 'DISASTER' and the UK ambassador a 'wacky, very stupid guy' in extraordinary attack as fallout from leaked memos sparks full-scale diplomatic row
- Is whistling at women sexist? Half of Aussies think females overreact or exaggerate ‘innocent acts’
- Kanu laments disrespect for court injunction on property
- Real Madrid sack Julen Lopetegui after humiliation at Barcelona
- Here are the victims of the Las Vegas shooting
- South American 'burglary tourist gang' ransacked Marcus Wareing's £7m home and stole £33,000 haul of jewellery and watches - after marking out mansion with orange dots
- Premier League football star Mamadou Sakho falls victim to £500,000 burglary as police probe latest celebrity Wimbledon home raid at house he rents from Nicolas Anelka
Carvajal on whistles at Butarque: It's not true that I disrespected Leganes with Castilla have 367 words, post on www.marca.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.