With an unprecedented four Stamford teams reaching the national finals of English Indoor Bowls Association finals at Nottingham over the next few days, it could be one of the most momentous week’s in the club’s 28-year history. All won their area finals and are excited at the prospect of matching their talents – albeit in mature age categories – against the country’s best.Stepping up first is the Over 60s fours combination of Malcolm Cullingworth, Tony Scarr, Trevor Collins and Jeff Newson, who will face a quartet from Adur (Brighton) skipped by former England legend David Cornwell at 9.30am tomorrow (Saturday).Jan Want, Sue Moir and Christine Ford make an early start on Monday in the Over 50 Triples when they will meet Karen Weites’ Newcastle trio at 9.30am.At 2pm – same day, same venue – in the men’s equivalent age group triples, Bob Warters, Cliff Watson and Keith Rippin take on Andrew Moore’s triple from North Wilts (Chippenham) for a place in the quarter-finals.Completing the Stamford appearances on Wednesday will be Malcolm Smith and Martyn Dolby in the Over 60 Pairs, playing two from the preliminary round, from either York or Westlecot (Swindon).Bowlers who play their national (EIBA) competitions out of… Read full this story
- MAGC Participates in National Public Gardens Week
- Fountain Valley: National Public Works Week May 17-23, 2020
- Lenawee County Partakes In National Police Officers Week
- CVUSD: Happy National Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Take a walk down memory lane with commentary from legendary Countdown host Molly Meldrum
- Transform your body in EIGHT weeks: How these men and women sculpted their dream physiques in just two months - and the diet rules they swear by for success
- Clubs come up with ways to cushion caddies from effects of deadly virus
- Australia joins ‘first movers’ group of nations that have kept coronavirus under control
- Transcript: Christopher Murray discusses coronavirus models on "Face the Nation," May 10, 2020
- ICYMI: Top takeaways from this week's "Face the Nation": Economy shows little signs of improving
BOWLS: Countdown to national finals in momentous week for Stamford club have 334 words, post on www.stamfordmercury.co.uk at April 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.