MINSK, 5 April (BelTA) – The tariff on oil transportation across Belarus is one of the lowest among the countries that transit oil, BelTA learned from Chairman of the Belarusian state petrochemical concern Belneftekhim Andrei Rybakov. The official made a few comments on the ongoing discussion with Russia about a possible change in oil transportation tariffs.
Andrei Rybakov noted: “Transporting oil by pipe has to meet serious technical and environmental protection requirements since Belarus is a socially and ecologically responsible country. For 55 years OAO Gomeltransneft Druzhba has observed all the legislated requirements and intends to guarantee environmentally safe work in the future.”
The Belneftekhim head pointed out that making sure oil transportation remains safe is rather costly. The oil pipeline and other structures have to be constantly monitored. Worn-out equipment needs to be replaced.
“The tariff on oil transportation in Belarus is one of the lowest among the countries that transit oil. Today it stands at $0.86 per 100 tonne-kilometers. For instance, the tariff on oil transportation in Poland is 22% above that in Belarus ($1.05). The tariff on oil transportation in Ukraine is 62% above Belarus’ ($1.39),” Andrei Rybakov noted.
The official went on saying that work on the tariffs proceeds constantly in line with the approved methods through negotiations of the interested parties.
Mass media reported earlier that Belarus has notified the Russian company Transneft about plans to raise oil transit tariffs.
- Toyota Lowers 2016 Prius Global Sales Goal Over Low Oil, Fuel Prices
- Trump: ‘Oil Prices Are Too High’
- After Military Wins, Syrians Root for Ally Russia in World Cup
- Oil slips on cloudy US-China trade picture
- Bus Rapid Transit In Pierce County: Open Houses Upcoming
- David Price jests he won't be able to pitch against Yankees because of Fortnite
- Candystripes pay price for poor defending after threatening to stun champions Cork
- Vladimir Putin proves he can play genial host as Russia profit in World Cup's El Gasico
- France vs. Croatia preview: A final of transition and efficiency
- Ur-Turn: The Truth About Oil