Beef farmers demand compensation for €101m in Brexit losses Farming Independent The Irish Farmers Association have called on the Government and EU Commission to compensate beef farmers for Brexit losses which they say run to over €100m. https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/news/ifa-news/beef-farmers-demand-compensation-for-101m-in-brexit-losses-38006630.html https://www.independent.ie/incoming/article37874987.ece/12d0b/AUTOCROP/h342/ifa%20agm1.jpg Email The Irish Farmers Association have called on the Government and EU Commission to compensate beef farmers for Brexit losses which they say run to over €100m. Despite the UK’s exit from the EU set to be pushed back to October, Brexit stockpiles of beef in the UK are said to be weighing on prices on both sides of the Irish sea. IFA has written to both Minister Creed and Agriculture Commissioner Phil Hogan outlining the details on the €101m losses. “Beef farmers have gone through a horrendous period of financial losses, mainly as a result of Brexit imposed market uncertainty, changes to the sterling exchange rate and price cuts. “Some beef farmers are facing financial ruin. “They cannot afford to carry this magnitude of loss and it is essential that the Government and EU Commission provide a direct support aid package for the farmers concerned”. Joe Healy said this is the real test for the Government and the EU Commission… Read full this story
- Premise for demanding compensation from BCCI was not conclusive: PCB chief Ehsan Mani
- What do Europeans think of the Brexit deal?| #TheCube
- Boris Johnson's manifesto to abandon the threat of a no-deal Brexit in bid to capture the centre ground as he rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage and puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party
- Jaguar Land Rover to cut jobs and reduce production, drop in diesel sales and Brexit to be blamed
- Schalke plead with Man City to stop and wade into Brexit debate in hilarious Twitter commentary on 7-0 Etihad loss
- Ford’s Indonesian dealers demand US$74 mil in compensation following automaker’s withdrawal
- Mumbai on tenterhooks as 12,000 farmers reach doorstep
- Ask Farmer: Why do some players mention their high school during player introductions?
- Jaguar Land Rover to drop production because of ‘Brexit uncertainty’ and diesel confusion
- Farmers Insurance Open leaderboard: Live scores from Torrey Pines
Beef farmers demand compensation for €101m in Brexit losses have 384 words, post on www.independent.ie at April 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.