Looks like Alec Baldwin has developed a taste for the presidency during his two years of impersonating US President Donald Trump. On Monday, the actor teased the possibility of running for the actual Oval Office on his Twitter. “If I ran for President, would you vote for me?” Baldwin tweeted. “I won’t ask you for any $. And I promise I will win.” “Beating Trump would be so easy,” he added. “So easy. So easy.” If I ran for President, would you vote for me? — HABFoundation (@ABFalecbaldwin) 8 апреля 2019 г. Just one hour after the surprising tweet, Baldwin posted another one, saying tweeting had saved him “millions in polling.” Baldwin, who has played the role of Trump on “Saturday Night Live” since October 2016, is a vocal critic of the president. In February, Trump slammed the show and the actor, saying there was “nothing funny” about Baldwin’s caricature and calling it a “political hit job” that got away “without retribution.” Baldwin reacted to the last part by asking whether 45 had made a veiled threat against Baldwin’s personal safety. Interestingly, the initial response to Baldwin’s musing about running for president was an almost unanimous rejection, with some users saying “Hollywood folks” are “out of touch” with reality, others suggesting asking Hillary Clinton about the “easy” part, and still others expressing their bewilderment, asking if the actor was drunk…. Read full this story
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Donald Trump’s Refugee Ban Makes U.S. ‘Look Stupid’
- Trump reels from 'biggest mistake in modern political history' as James Comey finally gets his revenge
- Donald Trump’s allies concerned Russia investigators seized private recordings in raid on lawyer Michael Cohen’s office
- Macron due in Washington for first state visit of Trump presidency
- Can A Federal Jobs Guarantee Help Democrats Defeat Trump in 2020?
- Trump wipes 'piece of dandruff' off Macron's lapel in bizarre and awkward White House moment
- The Memo: Nationalists gain upper hand in Trump’s White House
- Trump, France’s Macron speak the language of bromance
- Trump welcomes support from Kanye West
- Porn star Stormy sues Trump for defamation in tweet
Baldwin for President? Actor Teases Running, Says Beating Trump ‘So Easy’ have 344 words, post on sputniknews.com at April 9, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.