A security guard working at an Asda supermarket in Bootle has been taken to hospital after a reported stabbing.
The emergency services were called out to the busy Strand branch of the supermarket at around 6.50pm today following reports of the shocking incident.
The ECHO understands that a security guard has suffered a ‘non life threatening injury’ and is now in hospital.
A distressing video of the incident has been posted on social media, which shows staff members tending to the security guard. The man appeared to have suffered a wound to his leg.
In the video two women can be seen applying pressure to a bandage on the man’s leg. The security guard appeared to be conscious and breathing.
Comments about the incident appeared on social media.
Top news stories
Matthew Murray said: “Security guard stabbed in the Bootle Asda.”
David Whorton said: “Security guard in Bootle Asda been stabbed after trying to stop a shop lifter. Can you not go anywhere without the threat of being stabbed? Hope he’s alright.”
Police told the ECHO they would be releasing a statement on the incident soon.
- Woman saves baby from hot car after Asda security guard ‘refuses to help’
- Woman accused of biting security guard's nipple to evade shoplifting arrest
- Horrifying moment terrorist stabs a security guard, 24, in the neck during Melbourne knife frenzy - leaving a trail of blood as the victim flees
- Black Maryland father who was beaten and handcuffed by Six Flags security guards 'because he wasn't wearing a shirt as he searched for his missing son' is awarded $800,000
- Security guard sacked for farting at work and putting videos online
- NSUI demands action on security guards for beating up students, 4 detained
- Security Guard Appears To Be Masturbating Near Cheerleaders During Chargers Game
- Florida Cop Suspended for Letting Two Alleged Shoplifters Make Out in Back of Police Car
- Security Guard Caught Picking Lock To Own Store: Report
- Terrifying moment gang of armed robbers on mopeds attacks jewellery shop and threatens to ‘decapitate’ a security guard with a Samurai sword before making off with £600,000 of stock