(CNN)After President Donald Trump signaled he will cut humanitarian aid to the Northern Triangle — Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras — and threatened to close the southern border with Mexico, key diplomatic posts in those countries remain empty.
‘This is not rocket science’
‘Highly qualified people that have been held up’
CNN’s Jennifer Hansler and Zachary Cohen contributed to this report.
- Trump assails Bill Clinton, vows to jail Hillary Clinton if he wins White House
- Trump, lone survivor in Republican White House race, now must unify party
- Boston attacks must not halt immigration reform, says White House
- White House talks fail to end government shutdown
- Trump vows to jail Clinton over emails if he wins White House
- US-Cuba ties thaw, White House open to Castro visit
- Trump to make room soon for Melania and son at White House
- Trump's son-in-law Kushner to become senior White House adviser
- Trump within reach of shock White House win
- White House defends Trump's response to Virginia violence
- White House hopeful Romney vows 'new conservative era'
- Obama delays Ukraine arms decision amid diplomatic whirlwind
- Clinton makes history with Democratic nomination for president
- Trump steps up search for America's next top diplomat
- US Lawmakers to unveil rival budgets amid Obama charm bid
- Trump faces Clinton in debate amid campaign chaos
- Clinton clinches Democratic nomination: AP delegate count
- Amid opposition, Trump makes low budget request for Mexico border wall
- Trump denies asking Comey to drop probe, decries 'witch hunt'
- G8 talks open on Syria, Iran, N.Korea crises
Amid diplomatic crises, Democrats ask White House for better nominees have 1974 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.