Timo Weah admits he loves it at Celtic because he’s not constantly compared to his famous father George.
And he admits he doesn’t know what the future will hold if he goes back to PSG after revealing he was disappointed with the way he was treated.
The on-loan USA international has been used mostly as an impact sub in Glasgow since he joined from the French champions in January.
But the 19-year-old admits he is relishing life at Parkhead.
Weah said: “It’s going very well at Celtic. The players and the coach accepted me very quickly. The integration was easy, because I speak English although I continue to speak French with Odsonne Edouard, Dedryck Boyata and Olivier Ntcham.
“The people are really very nice. It’s easy for me there. I live incredible things through football right now.
“There is an amazing atmosphere at the stadium. In Paris it’s similar, but there’s something different at Celtic Park, which is an old stadium. I have never seen this. The team are playing well. I’m happy to be there, it’s a very good choice.
“In Glasgow, it’s not the same with my father. I am known as Tim Weah, the player. My dad did not play here, so people do not talk about that much.
“They know that my father was a great player, that he did great things, but they are just happy that I’m here.
“I am proud of my father of course, but I want people to say ‘Tim Weah is a great player’ on its own.
“At PSG, I was disappointed with the way the first half of the season went for me because I was not told anything after the summer – it was as if I had never played with the team.
“I was first sent with the reserve for two weeks, then I was told that I would improve more by training with the pros. I did not speak with the manager or anyone.
“I did not understand why I was not playing. At the beginning of the season, I played very well against Bayern Munich in a friendly and I scored in the Champions Trophy against Monaco. I felt good. And suddenly, I was no longer there.”
And Weah, in an interview with Le Parisien, has revealed he does not know whether staying at Celtic would be an option because PSG have not told him where his future lies.
He explained: “I don’t know what will happen after my loan. I’ll have to talk to them about it.
“My aim is still to play for PSG. At the moment that is difficult because I have Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani ahead of me in the team.
“But PSG did everything for me. I loved them and still do. It’s like that in football – there are some things you can’t control.”
Celtic FC news
- A 22-year-old former addict wrote a script about life in rehab — now his famous dad Rob Reiner turned it into a movie
- A 22-year-old former addict wrote about rehab, and his famous dad Rob Reiner made it a movie
- Floyd Mayweather told Chris Eubank Jr. he was exactly the kind of fighter he wanted in his gym
- Dad knows best (and everything, too)
- My Dad Killed Himself Last Year. One Year Later, It Still F***ing Hurts
- Dads Actually
- De Leon: Thank you baby boomer dads - your millennial kids
- Tom Brady choked up when trying to explain why his dad is his hero
- 10 cheap eats that New Yorkers love
- A stripped, emotional Lady Gaga comes to life on ‘Joanne’
- The actor behind the CGI Tarkin in ‘Rogue One’ tells us how he created the character
- The secrets behind 6 famous ‘SNL’ sketches, from a man who’s been there since the beginning
- The rough but golden road to love
- THE A-LIST: The 30 coolest, most famous people in Hollywood right now
- I compared classic New York City cuisine to the fast-food counterparts to see which is better
- Why Colin Farrell says he’s enjoying acting now ‘more than I ever have’
- 14 ghostly photos of famous Egyptian landmarks with no tourists
- Weeping Pistorius faces life in prison in shooting
- Uniqlo made a tiny change to the shirt that made it famous — and fans are furious
- Fans want this young Harrison Ford lookalike to be the next Han Solo — and he says he’s ready
Timo Weah loves life at Celtic as he's not constantly compared to famous dad have 731 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.