Senior aides of Theresa May privately believe she is “finished” and may be forced to set out a timetable for her departure if she is to win the meaningful vote on her Brexit deal. The Telegraph understands that two senior Downing Street figures believe that the Prime Minister should “fall on her sword” and announce she will quit to ensure she is able to “go with dignity”. They believe she has permanently “lost the trust of Eurosceptics” and will have to make way for a new leader after the Conservative Party conference in October. It comes before the Prime Minister spends the weekend attempting to win over Tory Eurosceptics and DUP MPs ahead of a third meaningful vote on her Brexit deal on Tuesday…. To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free Register for free to continue reading this article Register Or unlock all Premium articles, free for 30 days Start trial Already have an account? Login Want to learn more? View all subscriptions
- Brexit-deal vote live updates – Theresa May facing devastating Commons defeat
- Theresa May defeats Tory coup over Brexit deal but is left damaged
- Theresa May rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Brexit deal
- Brexit deal not dead despite DUP warning, says Lidington
- Theresa May delivered a strong ultimatum to her warring MPs to either support her or there will be no Brexit deal
- How will your MP vote on Theresa May's Brexit deal?
- Barnier says May is 'pleading' for an impossible Brexit deal on financial services
- Vladimir Putin backs Theresa May over Brexit slamming second vote as ‘disrespectful to voters’
- Only a quarter of Mail readers think UK will get good Brexit deal
- What is the Brexit deal and what happens next?
Theresa May is 'finished' and must 'fall on her sword' as price for Brexit deal to win vote, senior aides say have 314 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at March 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.