Liverpool await their fate in today’s Champions League draw after their stunning 3-1 win against Bayern Munich in midweek.
The Champions League draw takes place at 11am this morning in Nyon, Switzerland as the quarter-finals and potential semi-finals are mapped out.
Wednesday night was another incredible trip for the travelling Kop as they witnessed a famous victory.
Sadio Mane score twice and Virgil van Dijk notched another as the Reds soared into the last eight.
The results were pretty definitive.
The plum draw according to Reds fans would be Porto – with 56% eyeing a repeat of last year’s round of 16 tie.
Next was Ajax, with 16% hoping for a trip to Amsterdam.
Perhaps surprisingly, Manchester United were seen as the third kindest draw. 10% wanted Solskjaer’s men.
8% of fans wanted a reunion with Luis Suarez and a meeting with Barcelona.
And only 4% of Reds saw Spurs as the ideal draw at this stage.
Which leaves the two teams that fans really DON’T want to meet.
Manchester City and Juventus each had just 3% of the vote.
It’s easy to see why – City are in great form and have taken four points off Liverpool in the Premier League this season.
Their 7-0 demolition of Schalke on Tuesday night showed they mean business in the Champions League too.
And Juventus, inspired by Cristiano Ronaldo, look set for a good run in Europe with the Serie A title pretty much in the bag already.
All eyes now turn to the draw in Switzerland as Jurgen Klopp’s side find out their next European opponent.
- Champions League preview: Groups A-D
- Real Madrid, AC Milan meet in Champions League
- Rooney wants Europa League title
- Boruc targets Champions League
- Rafa: Reds up for Europa League now
- Fergie expects Liverpool to perform
- Reds can still draw big names – Lucas
- Chelsea leads contenders in open league title race
- Juventus to meet City in Europa League
- Fulham misses late penalty in 0-0 draw at Chelsea