Meghan is expecting her first child with Prince Harry this spring. Most respondents were delighted for the royal couple. However one of those spoken to did raise concerns.
The man commented: “I feel like it’s the beginning of the end of the Royal family. Letting an American into their system.”
Meghan was born in Los Angeles, California, in 1981.
Her mother and father, a social worker and television lighting director, divorced when she was six years old.
Meghan first achieved fame as an actress in legal drama Suits.
Most of those asked did welcome her pregnancy, which was announced in October last year.
One lady stated: “Oh I think it’s a wonderful thing.”
Another added: “I think it’s wonderful the baby’s coming.”
Meanwhile a man dressed in a giant bear costume claimed the baby was a chance to improve US-UK relations.
He said: “I think it’s a great way to really unite with the United Kingdom.”
Meghan’s wedding to Prince Harry last May was watched by 29 million Americans.
The royal birth is expected to be accompanied by massive media and public attention.
JD Heyman, editor of People magazine, claimed: “It’s going to be massive.
“I think what you will see is an enormous outpouring of affection for both of them.
“There’s a personal pride that many people feel, that an average American girl of a multiracial background has risen to this position.”
- Meghan Markle's best friend 'sends love to all those who carry the weight of bullies' in cryptic Instagram post
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since he and Meghan Markle split from Royal Family
- Meghan Markle's move to Canada could create British citizenship hurdle
- Jeremy Corbyn: I agree with Prince Harry about 'racial undertones' in press coverage of Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry speech in full as he says he and Meghan are taking 'leap of faith' with Royal Family split
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle offer to pay their own security in Tony Blair-style deal
- Duke of Sussex's speech about Royal Family split, in full
- Netflix Chief Interested in Working With Prince Harry and Meghan Markle After Couple Drop Royal Duties
- Meghan Markle has no intention of returning to UK to settle down: report
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle discuss Disney work in new video
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle take a bashing as Sussex brand souvenirs are dumped in bargain bins
- Meghan Markle’s Dad Seeks to Shame Her
- Harry and Meghan Markle star in new ITV expose of Buckingham Palace scandals
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's media court fight explained
- Meghan Markle’s brother reveals he’s homeless
- What is your opinion on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle venturing into ‘independent’ lives from royal duties?
- Meghan Markle joined at her Canadian hideaway by 'little blonde guru' Pilates instructor
- Canadians Oppose Additional Tax Burden to Secure Life of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle - Poll
- ‘Sad’ Prince Harry says he did not want to end royal role
- Tuesday evening news briefing: Why Meghan Markle missed Sandringham summit
‘The END of the Royal Family’ - Americans SPEAK OUT ahead of Meghan Markle royal birth have 605 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.