The ceremony, which was broadcast live on RTÉ2, saw Duffy win the Men’s Senior Player of the Year for the second year in succession, while Kiernan was named as the Senior Women’s Player of the Year following a stellar year in 2018.
Emma Byrne (pictured above) became the first women’s player to be inducted into the FAI Hall of Fame and former Republic of Ireland defender Richard Dunne was also honoured in the same category.
Aiden O’Brien won the ‘Three’ Goal of the Year for his debut header against Poland. The striker was voted ahead of both Troy Parrott (Men’s Under-17s v Bosnia & Herzegovina) and Ronan Curtis (Men’s Under-21s v Kosovo).
Dundalk midfielder Chris Shields fended off competition from club-mates Pat Hoban and Michael Duffy to collect the SSE Airtricity League Player of the Year.
There was a domestic theme to the Special Merit Award as all-time record goalscorer Brendan Bradley was recognised for his fantastic career that saw him score 235 League goals.
29th ‘Three’ FAI International Awards
Senior Men’s International: Shane Duffy
Senior Women’s International: Leanne Kiernan
Young International: Declan Rice
Goal Of The Year: Aiden O’Brien (Men’s Senior v Poland)
Men’s Under-21s: Ronan Curtis
Men’s Under-19s: Lee O’Connor
Women’s Under-19s: Niamh Farrelly
Men’s Under-18s: Brian Maher
Men’s Under-17s: Adam Idah
Women’s Under-17s: Emily Whelan
Men’s Under-16s: Troy Parrott
Women’s Under-16s: Jessica Ziu
Men’s Under-15s: Anselmo Garcia McNulty
Junior International: Eoin Hayes (Newmarket Celtic)
Intermediate Player: Darragh Reynor (Maynooth University Town)
Football For All: Nathalie O’Brien (Irish Women’s Deaf Futsal)
Colleges & Universities: Daire O’Connor
Schools: Ali Regbha (Chanel College, Coolock, Dublin)
SSE Airtricity League: Chris Shields (Dundalk)
Hall of Fame: Richard Dunne / Emma Byrne
International Personality: Kakha Kaladze
Special Merit: Brendan Bradley
- Shane Duffy and Leanne Kiernan take top honours at FAI International Awards
- Emma Byrne to be given historic honour at FAI International Awards
- Shane Duffy hails a job well done after two Republic of Ireland wins
- Bohs striker Dinny Corcoran collects Player of the Month Award and appears on Countdown in one afternoon
- 'Some of the best golf of my life': Rory McIlroy wins The Players Championship to seal St Patrick's Day success
- Shane Duffy and Ronan Curtis pick up FAI Player of the Year Awards
- Sunderland's Aiden McGeady scoops Player of the Month award, then earns Ireland recall
- Belfast software firm Whitespace wins top prize at Digital DNA Awards
- Ben Wyatt sets St Albans City record with fourth player of the month award