Bookmaker Coral currently makes it 2-1 that the couple will tie the knot once again at some point in the future. But Richard Fitzwilliams, the former editor of International Who’s Who, scoffed at the suggestion. He said: “At times like these I quote the Hollywood film producer Sam Goldwyn who was famed for his mangled syntax. In two words Im. Possible.
“They’ve always got on. It is a very close relationship.
“They have remained so fond of each other after their divorce.
“They still reportedly share homes at Royal Lodge Windsor and in Verbier.
“It does seem strange to many but the Yorks are a very close knit family and their daughters are devoted to both their parents so that is an extra bond.
“We are in the era of social media where the most bizarre royal stories float around.”
Coral rate the odds of the couple announcing at some point during 2019 that they are “back together” at 4-1.
They are also offering odds of 10-1 on them announcing their engagement this year.
Coral spokesman Harry Aikenhead said: “Prince Andrew and Fergie have remained very close despite it being over twenty years now since they divorced and there’s plenty of people who think the couple will remarry in the future.
“With the Royal family enjoying some fantastic moments over the last few years we make it just 2-1 to happen at any stage down the line, showing that it is certainly not something we are ruling out.”
The couple married in July 1986 in a blaze of publicity, after which they were named the Duke and Duchess of York.
Their first daughter, Beatrice was born in 1988, with Eugenie, who married Jack Brooksbank last year, arriving two years later in 1990.
They separated in 1992, after Fergie had been spotted in the company of American billionaire Steve Wyatt while Andrew was on a Royal tour.
Four years later they confirmed their decision to divorce, with the Duchess reported by the Sunday Telegraph to have received a lump sum settlement of £3million.
However, they have remained in close contact, and the Duchess set tongues wagging last month after posting a picture of her ex-husband from her Instagram account to mark his 59th birthday on February 19.
She simply wrote alongside his smiling face: “Happy Birthday Andrew.”
The picture attracted thousands of comments, with many calling for them to head down the aisle once again.
- Sarah Ferguson heartbreak: Fergie shock over Prince Andrew marriage- ‘Why did he marry me'
- Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew have 'secret son' claims outrageous report
- Royal heartbreak: The one time Princess Margaret saw the Queen cry revealed
- Sarah Ferguson and Andrew body language reveals couple as ‘close and happy’ as ever
- Prince Philip FURY: Why did Duke’s relationship with THIS royal woman turn sour?
- Diana and Fergie's secret plan to leave their husbands and escape royal life
- Prince Philip scandal: How The Crown was debunked as affair rumours branded 'impossible'
- Zara Tindall gives birth to second baby with Mike Tindall
- Cloudy with a chance of Drake: Here’s what’s coming to record stores in April
- Cwm Taf health board boss resigns after maternity failings
- Hey now, they’re all stars: Sigur Rós, MF Doom, Le Tigre, and other under-heard hits of 1999
- Black motherhood on TV has never been so nuanced
- Where to start with the films of Billy Wilder
Royal HEARTBREAK: Why Fergie and Prince Andrew will NEVER remarry - “Impossible! have 629 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.