A MUM who drowned her three-year-old daughter in the bath because she was “safer in heaven” than with her husband has today been found guilty of murder. Claire Colebourn held little Bethan under the water before putting her on a bed where she was discovered with soaking wet hair the next day by her gran. The 36-year-old mistakenly believed her husband Michael, 38, was cheating on her with a fellow executive at his marine firm. She spent weeks researching ‘how to kill by drowning’ and if drowning was ‘relatively painless’ after he left her on September 7, 2017. A month later, Colebourn woke her daughter up and carried her to the bathroom where she put her in the water as Bethan held her face and begged “I don’t want a bath mummy”. Colebourn, of Fordingbridge, Hants, has now been found guilty of murder following a trial at Winchester Crown Court. ‘I DON’T WANT A BATH MUMMY’ The former science teacher’s chilling description to police of the night she drowned and killed her daughter was played to jurors. Prosecutor Kerry Maylin said: “She said she used her hand to hold her under the water ‘because I don’t want her to go… Read full this story
- 'These are the memories I choose': Phoebe Burgess takes a swipe at her estranged husband Sam as she reflects on her heartbreaking 2019
- Brother of Idaho 'cult' mom whose two children are missing 'also threatened to kill her third husband' - 12 years before he shot dead her fourth
- Audrina Patridge flaunts her 'Hills' in sheer Steven Khalil gown for The Art Of Elysium Heaven gala
- 'Get a life': Kristina Rihanoff lashes out after being criticised for 's***ging other women's husbands'... following Ben Cohen's estranged wife's 'karma' tweet
- 'I was beaten for being beautiful': Woman, 43, who was attacked by a mother and daughter duo on a night out claims they were 'jealous' of her 'blonde hair, big boobs and nice clothes'
- Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas seen for first time since Prince Harry and daughter announced Royal split
- How Cameron Diaz went from Hollywood’s ‘eternal bachelorette’ to ‘off radar’ wife and mum at 47
- Kerry Katona’s daughter Lilly looks just like her famous mum as she launches controversial slimming product
- Brian McFadden hits out at ex Kerry Katona’s weddings as he says daughters must be ‘f****** sick’ of being bridesmaids
- Mum furiously hits back at critics who accuse her of being ‘lazy’ for allowing kids to play with iPads
Mum guilty of drowning daughter, 3, as she was ‘safer in heaven than with estranged husband’ have 408 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.