Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg will not run for president, he announced Tuesday.
In a column for Bloomberg Opinion, he wrote he has “come to realize that I’m less interested in talking than doing. And I have concluded that, for now, the best way for me to help our country is by rolling up my sleeves and continuing to get work done.”
The decision comes after months of planning for a potential Democratic campaign, and suggestions that he was taking the idea more seriously this time than he has in the past.
- Bennett to run Nats' 2020 campaign, become list MP
- Run Norwich 2020 date revealed
- Michael Gove to meet President Trump in private
- New York City mayor Bill de Blasio enters 2020 presidential race
- 2020 Democrats start two nights of debates in Detroit
- Donald Trump UK visit live: President praises ‘truly great ally’
- Impact of Brexit on insolvencies won't hit till 2020
- Gove ‘prepared to delay Brexit’ until late 2020
- Donald Trump UK visit live: President arrives at Downing Street
- Some towns have more Pats and Michaels on ballot than women