Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg will not run for president, he announced Tuesday.
In a column for Bloomberg Opinion, he wrote he has “come to realize that I’m less interested in talking than doing. And I have concluded that, for now, the best way for me to help our country is by rolling up my sleeves and continuing to get work done.”
The decision comes after months of planning for a potential Democratic campaign, and suggestions that he was taking the idea more seriously this time than he has in the past.
- Michael Bloomberg says Trump's words encourage white supremacist violence
- Michael Bloomberg Tells Teachers To 'Suck It Up,' Backs Biden on Reopening Schools
- UN Chief Reappoints Michael Bloomberg as Climate Envoy
- Michael Bloomberg Returns to UN as Climate Envoy
- Michael Bloomberg, UN climate envoy, shuns commercial travel for private jets
- Why Is Michael Bennet Still Running For President? A Mentor Helps Explain.
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Floats Beto Presidential Run In 2020
- Bloomberg to Biden: Stand Up to Unions, Get Schools Open — Teachers ‘Have to Suck It Up’
- Bloomberg reappointed UN climate envoy
- 'Most Interesting Part': Fly Steals the Show as Mike Bloomberg Delivers DNC Speech
- DNC 2020: What’s In Store On the 4th Day?
- W.H.O. Chief Tedros Annoints Mike Bloomberg as ‘Global Ambassador’
- Mike Bloomberg Bankrolling $15 Million TV Ad Push to help Joe Biden Win Swing States of Texas, Ohio
- Bloomberg: Biden needs to 'stand up' to unions on school reopenings, teachers need to 'suck it up'
- After a tough end to 2020, the US economy is quietly improving
- EXCLUSIVE: Death Row Records co-founder and former drug kingpin Michael 'Harry O' Harris weeps in remorse and vows to help kids avoid crime in his first interview after being freed by Donald Trump
- The president has changed, but Washington hasn't
- Steve Scalise Says He Won’t Run Against Kevin McCarthy For Speaker Of The House
- Lady Gaga is 'crazy about' boyfriend Michael Polansky after THAT mask on kiss at presidential inauguration: 'Things are going really well'
- AP Exclusive: GOP to stay neutral should Trump run again
Michael Bloomberg Won't Run For President In 2020 have 337 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.