A man who barricaded himself in a toilet told staff to ‘f*** off’ and said he was ‘having a s***’ when they asked him to leave.
The offender allegedly walked into the city centre premises around an hour beforehand and didn’t buy anything, police said.
Concerned by his lengthy stay in the facilities, those working in the venue knocked on the door and asked him to vacate the premises.
When the man became verbally aggressive, staff called police, who moved him on, GMP City Centre tweeted.
No criminal offence was committed, Inspector Jon Middleton said.
The tweet, put up at 12.50pm on Wednesday, said: “Report yesterday of a male barricading himself in toilet.
“It is alleged he had entered one hour previously, was not a customer & when asked to leave by staff told them to “F*** Off – I’m having a S**t.”
“Officers attended & moved the man on (no criminal offences committed).”
Twitter user Kevin Taylor commented: “Sounds like a pleasant man.”
Got a story or an issue you want us to investigate? Want to tell us about something going on where you live?
Let us know – in complete confidence – by emailing [email protected], calling us on 0161 211 2920, tweeting us @MENnewsdesk or messaging us on our Facebook page. You can also send us a story tip using the form here.
Join the Manchester Evening News breaking news Facebook group for a place to read and talk about breaking news in Greater Manchester.
To download our app to get all the latest news visit here.
- Chelsea take incredible swipe at Man City and Fifa after they have two-window transfer ban reduced after appeal
- Man Found Dead After Barricading Himself Inside Long Island Home, Police Say
- Police probing theft of £5m solid gold toilet from Blenheim Palace arrest a 35-year-old man amid growing fears the artwork was melted down
- 'It's Everybody's Worst Nightmare': Florida Man Bitten by Snake Hiding in Toilet
- Lloyd's of London boss warns 45,000 staff members to be 'particularly careful' during Christmas party season amid allegations of sexual harassment
- One-Punch Man: Saitama Learns What Happens If He's Caught in Charanko's Wig at Super Fight 22
- One-Punch Man Teases Major Fight Between Garou and Metal Bat
- Trump and Kevin de León agree Feinstein blew it. Did she have another way?
- Boy, 14, is arrested on suspicion of murder after 47-year-old man suffers fatal injury 'in altercation'
- Man Utd boss Solskjaer vows to bridge gap between the red and blue half of Manchester and issues warning to Liverpool