Mike Thalassitis’ pal Jonny Mitchell has launched a petition to urge Love Island to improve their aftercare following his tragic death. The TV star was vocal about how the show’s efforts to help have been “too little too late” after receiving a frantic call from them on Sunday – one day after Mike was found dead from apparent suicide. Now, he’s taking things a step further and has launched a petition requesting ITV Studios develops a “new duty of care for show contestants going on Love Island – and for other reality shows to follow too.” Explaining why he wants change, the former contestant poignantly wrote: “I got to know Mike Thalassitis when we appeared together in ITV’s Love Island, and he quickly became one of my best friends from the show. “I always looked up to him – he was so full of positivity and charisma. When I found out this weekend that he had taken his own life I was utterly heartbroken. “In the space of a year, two Love Island contestants have been in such a dark place that they’ve felt it necessary to take their own lives. “Aside from that I know many, many more people… Read full this story
- Craig David, Carole Baskin and Love Island stars fooled by brutal talk show prank
- Some Love Island contestants are paid more than other for a very good reason
- Love Island's Lucie Donlan flaunts her ample cleavage and peachy posterior in a black bikini as she shares MORE sexy snaps from coronavirus lockdown
- Love Island's Zara McDermott exhibits her toned frame in tiny white bikini after dropping two stone
- Love Island's Lucie Donlan puts on a busty display in a plunging lace body as she shares another sizzling snap amid coronavirus lockdown
- Love Island 2020 CANCELLED: ITV bosses scrap summer series after crisis talks over coronavirus safety measures... but vow show will come back 'stronger than ever in 2021'
- 'I got my two negative swabs!' Love Island's Rachel Fenton shares her joy as the NHS nurse returns to work after recovering from coronavirus
- 'I know hospitals are struggling': Love Island's Rachel Fenton talks returning to nursing and PPE shortages after recovering from coronavirus
- 'They'll lose HUGE amounts of money': Winter Love Island stars 'have lost £500K in missed lucrative projects' due to coronavirus pandemic
- Love Island 'is plunged into crisis as insurance concerns spark MORE doubts the summer series will go ahead amid coronavirus fears'
Love Island's Jonny Mitchell starts petition to fix show's 'laughable' aftercare have 408 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.