By Gary Peterson | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: March 22, 2019 at 10:27 am | UPDATED: March 22, 2019 at 10:39 am CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the video on a mobile device In the most inspired innovation to hit televised hockey since Fox slapped cartoon comet tails on the puck, Ron Burgundy served as a celebrity analyst on Thursday night’s clash between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks. Burgundy, for the uninitiated, is a movie character — to be more precise, a witless TV anchorman — portrayed by Will Ferrell. Burgundy/Ferrell (it’s difficult to know where the actor leaves off and the character takes over) joined Kings broadcasters Alex Faust and Jim Fox for the second period. If your boss is taking an extended lunch break, you might consider watching the jocularity in its entirety. If you don’t have that kind of freedom, here is a bite-sized sample of Ferrell/Burgundy’s wit and wisdom: The 5 highlights of Ron Burgundy’s stint in the Kings broadcast booth. 1. “I apologize for being late. I thought you guys still played at The Forum. I was there for half an hour at what I… Read full this story
- White Privilege Explained, With Help From Ex-News Anchor Who Lost Her Job Over a Racist Facebook Post
- I’m Tired of Hearing About White Men’s Penises
- The Revolution Will Be Televised (on CNBC)
- Wendi Deng Is Your Imaginary Girlfriend
- All Of The Botched Reporting On Last Night's Detroit Fireworks 'Chaos'
- What If Mass Killers Were Muslim or of Color?
- 's choices remain suspect, but a strong finale means the show gets away with it—for now
- Hometown Papers Urge Rep. Conyers to Resign
- I'm Gonna Get Me A Wii If It Kills Me
- US Army’s Toxic Smoke Billows Over Black Town
If you thought Ron Burgundy was a hoot as a TV anchor, wait til you hear him call hockey have 296 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.