Fort Smith Police Chief Nathaniel Clark submitted on Wednesday his letter of resignation to the city. Clark has accepted a position elsewhere, Karen Santos, communications manager for the city of Fort Smith said. The resignation will go into effect on April 8. “He’s accomplished a lot both here and throughout his career,” Santos said. “He’s won state and national awards during his tenure here, and, I’m sure, was highly recruited.” Clark has served as chief of the Fort Smith Police Department since January 2017. He was the city’s first black police chief. “I answered the call for a reform-minded chief; a visible leader with a a focus on community policing, crime reduction, and high professional standards,” Clark wrote in his letter. “The landscape has changed over the past two years with new and different challenges and I am pleased with the fact we have implemented positive changes, endeavoring to the make the city of Fort Smith a safer place.” Clark’s accomplishments included hiring the department’s first African American female officer, promoting the first woman to sergeant in approximately 15 years, and hiring the most diverse recruits. Clark succeeded Kevin Lindsey, who served as Fort Smith’s police chief from January 2007… Read full this story
- Charlottesville police chief resigns after report on white supremacist rally
- Harry Dunn's family call on Northamptonshire's police chief to resign over his 'staggering degree on unprofessionalism' after he branded their quest to sue 'killer' Anne Sacoolas and Donald Trump as 'sad but predictable'
- Elrich Nominates Marcus Jones As Montgomery's New Police Chief
- Contender For Montgomery Police Chief Job Backs Out
- Montgomery County Police Chief Nominee Announced
- Montgomery Police Chief Nominee Pulls Name From Consideration
- Duterte to name Cebu City police chief Garma as PCSO head
- Romania police chief sacked after girl's murder
- Slovaks again protest over journalist's murder, demand sacking of police chief
- Slovakia’s police chief to resign as nation struggles with slaying of investigative journalist
Fort Smith police chief resigns have 315 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.