Falkirk families are being urged to join the fight against cancer this Mother’s Day by entering the 2019 Race for Life at Callendar Park.
For the first time, grown-up sons will be able to take part alongside their mothers as Cancer Research UK opens up the Race for Life events to everyone.
Taking part in the Race for Life can be a hugely moving experience as people come together to remember loved ones lost to cancer, celebrate the lives of those dear to them who have survived or support those going through treatment.
You may also be interested in:
Fiona Murray, Cancer Research UK’s Falkirk event manager, said: “We’re urging families in Falkirk to make this Mother’s Day extra special by joining the Race for Life.
“Our events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting. You don’t need to be sporty to take
part. You don’t have to train, and you certainly don’t need to compete against anyone else. It’s a perfect example of everyday people doing an extraordinary thing – uniting in a common cause to beat cancer.”
Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life, in partnership with Tesco, features a range of events including a 5k, 10k, Pretty Muddy race and Pretty Muddy Kids race, all of which raise millions of pounds every year to help beat cancer by funding crucial research.
This year’s event in Falkirk will take place on Sunday, June 23 at 11am.
For further information visit https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org
- Mother’s Day on Less Than $20
- A Race to the Death
- Mary Jo Kopechne’s Family Releases 1969 Letter from Muhammad Ali
- Victims’ families’ fury as Coroner clears police and security services of blame for London Bridge terror attack but accuses killer's relatives of not turning them in before attack
- Life Choices: Your Decision Making Process
- Life Lessons: Being a Mother
- How Growing Up Hungry Inspired This Woman's Life Work
- In the Wake of Her Infant's Death at Day Care, This Mother Is Standing Up for Paid Leave
- Hamilton urged to stay for a perfect 10
- Mother’s Day Celebration
- Control and Power in Relationships: Is Being an Alpha Wife Ruining Your Life?
- Google's cuddly Mother's Day doodle
- Swimming Lessons: One Woman Learns About Life Through Swimming
- Life-Changing Adventures
- For Mother's Day, Flowers and a Video Chat
- Ashton Kutcher Remodels Lowa Home As A Mother's Day Gift
- A Conversation with Race Car Driver Danica Patrick
- 'This One Simple Question Changed My Life When I Hit Rock Bottom'
- 7 Unexpected Places To Find Great Mother's Day Gifts
- Leclerc claims first career triumph on emotional day
Falkirk families urged to sign up for Race for Life this Mother’s Day have 445 words, post on www.falkirkherald.co.uk at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.