The debate rages on over who will take on the role of James Bond after Daniel Craig, but it seems things have taken a turn – or is that swap, a gender swap.
Idris Elba, who fans have linked with the role, has said he’s all for the idea of a woman stepping into 007’s shoes saying “Why not?” when asked last year.
Producer Barbara Broccoli wasn’t so keen on the idea, saying: “He’s a male character. He was written by a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male.”
Now Bond girl Eva Green, from Casino Royale, has agreed with Broccoli.
“I’m for women, but I really think James Bond should remain a man. It doesn’t make sense for him to be a woman,” she said at the Dumbo premiere.
“Women can play different types of characters, be in action movies and be superheroes, but James Bond should always be a man and not be Jane Bond. There is history with the character that should continue. He should be played by a man.”
In the mean time the bookies odds are led by men. Tom Hiddleston, Richard Madden and Tom Hardy are all top, though Peaky Blinder’s Cillian Murphy saw his odds improve last week.
Bond 25 is out in 2020.
- Agent 007, James Bond & The Secret Cipher
- James Bond and Math- Two of a Kind
- James Bond - Casino Royale - Reviewed
- Wannabe James Bond for a Day ...
- The James Bond Movies
- Story Structure: James Bond (Goldfinger) Deconstructed
- The History of James Bond Model Cars
- James Bond
- How to Pick a Costume For a James Bond Themed Event
- Making Sense Of Your Surprising New Ability To Draw