0 Have your say Scotland skipper John Barclay will make his long-awaited comeback from a ruptured Achilles and finally don an Edinburgh jersey in Friday’s Guinness Pro14 crunch with Leinster at BT Murrayfield. Barclay was injured playing for his former club, Scarlets, in last season’s Pro14 semi-final at Glasgow but recently revealed that he was targeting the clash with the Irish province for his return, and Edinburgh coach Richard Cockerill confirmed that the 32-year old will be in his matchday squad of 23 this week. He also revealed that full-back Blair Kinghorn, who twisted an ankle in the Wales-Scotland game two weeks ago, is out for the rest of the season as he faces a possible ten-week lay-off.“It’s good to have him back and playing, I’m sure he would say exactly the same,” said Cockerill of Barclay.“The thing is that he has to be good enough to get into the team because, in his absence, the guys have stepped up. Magnus Bradbury has done exceptionally well, we have Hamish Watson, Vili Mata, Jamie Ritchie, Luke Crosbie, so there is some stiff competition in that back row. “He has got to catch up very quickly. Let’s just see where he gets… Read full this story
- Second-time soloist: 14 years after his OKC Philharmonic debut, pianist Stewart Goodyear makes his long-awaited return
- Borg's long-awaited return to octagon now is set for March 30
- Cincinnati Reds' Yasiel Puig makes his long-awaited return to L.A.
- UFC: What happened to Cain Velasquez in long-awaited return?
- Corey Seager’s long-awaited return to Dodgers lineup makes immediate impact
- DOUG’S VARIN™ -- LONG AWAITED RARE THCV CANNABIS FORMULATION – HITS THE MARKET EXCLUSIVELY AT SPARC™ NORTHERN CALIFORNIA LOCATIONS
- Contractor selected for long-awaited Barksdale I-20/I-220 interchange
- Drummond: Historic Yorba Linda home to get some long-awaited care
- Robert Mueller recommends no new indictments in long-awaited report on Russia probe
- Mueller recommends no new indictments in long-awaited report on Russia probe
Edinburgh’s John Barclay set for long-awaited return against Leinster have 327 words, post on www.scotsman.com at March 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.