A BRIDE-TO-BE was left in tears after discovering a secret message left on her wedding shoes by her mum who died from lung cancer.
Emma Letts, 34, from Leicestershire, got engaged in December 2016, but the happy news was shattered when her mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer just one month later.
Emma, who is due to marry fiancé Richard in August this year, desperately hoped her mum could attend the wedding, but she passed away in 2017.
The bride-to-be received her wedding shoes last week and was shocked when she found out her mum had secretly paid for them in full.
Emma was even more touched to discover her dying mum had requested a surprise message be written on the soles of the shoes for her daughter.
It said: “Wanted you to have a gift from me on your wedding day. Your wedding shoes are my gift to you.
“Hope you have a magical day. Lots and lots of love and big hugs, MUM xxxx”
Emma told BBC: “It’s been so hard planning a wedding without having her with me, and I have had lots of tears.
“I had absolutely no idea, my fiancé knew about it. It was just an absolute shock. I pulled out the one shoe and I saw part of the message and I couldn’t think who it would be.
“I started to cry… I was just absolutely in bits. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t talk.”
Her mum had been given between one and two years to live after her diagnosis, and had started writing letters to her nearest and dearest.
Emma said her mum had “run out of time” with writing her a letter so the shoes are extremely special to her.
The bride-to-be said that after sharing her story on Facebook numerous people have got in touch to share their support.
Amanda Weise who runs the online shop Lace and Love, who customised the shoes, said it was “lovely” to have been involved with the sweet gesture.
She said: “It’s probably the most emotional pair of shoes I’m ever going to make.
“Hopefully it will give her a bit of comfort on the day. It will be like walking down the aisle with her mum.”
Amanda revealed that Emma’s mum had emailed her a few weeks after the initial order was placed and said she wouldn’t be able to make her daughter’s wedding.
Mum who spends £125 visiting sick baby in hospital given free rail travel
‘Sleepovers were lit’
Woman reveals she’s dating cousin by sharing intimate pictures
SNOUT OF ORDER
People shun Comic Relief’s £1.25 red noses after just 65p goes to charity
Model reveals her exes paid for £50k surgery so she ‘looked like Barbie’
DISHING UP DELIGHT
Waitress stunned after customers leave HUGE tip and sweet note on bill
March 15: Putting your feelings into words can transform your relationship
Meet the women who claim Jade Goody saved their lives by making them have smear tests after they read her tragic story.
- The secret messages in Australia's weather forecasts
- Queen reveals a secret message with the position of her handbag at meeting with Australian High Commissioner
- Bride dumps fiance on wedding morning
- Amber Davies reveals England footballer Jesse Lingard has secretly messaged her as she confesses he’s ‘slid into her DMs’
- Comedian reveals how she risked jail to get dying mum cannabis oil
- India Captures 'Spy Pigeon' Suspected of Carrying Secret Messages
- Love Island’s Amber Davies has been secretly messaging dumped Islander Eyal Booker
- Hide Secret Messages In Plain Sight With Zero-Width Characters
- The 112 secret message codes all parents should know about
- Meghan's dad reveals tears over wedding