Hello and welcome to City A.M.’s Brexit live blog for the second of potentially three huge votes on the UK’s departure from the EU. Prime Minister Theresa May was defeated in the House of Commons in a second vote on her Brexit deal last night, losing by 391 votes to 242. MPs were not persuaded that May’s changes would prevent the UK from being tied indefinitely to an EU customs union after Brexit, following the attorney general’s admission that his legal advice was unchanged. Now a vote on whether to reject a no-deal Brexit will occur tonight, ahead of the UK’s scheduled departure on 29 March. If MPs do reject it, the UK could still crash out without a deal at the end of March. Please refresh this page manually for the latest updates Read more: Theresa May secures legally binding changes to Brexit deal Read more about the votes this week here 3.40pm: Gove says no-deal Brexit option must remain on the table Ardent Brexiter Michael Gove has committed to keeping the threat of a no-deal Brexit dangling over the EU in the hopes it will lead to an improved withdrawal agreement. Tonight MPs vote on whether the UK… Read full this story
- Let Saddam Live and Comprehend His Sins
- Acclaimed Songwriter and Performer "Michael Alan" Releases New CD: Searching for the Heartland:
- Dining Tables-A Place for Family and Friends to Gather
- Rake Explained and Comparing Online Poker to Live Poker
- Get The Best Travel Deal
- Dealing with Difficult People: 27 Secrets & Strategies You Can Apply Today
- Interview of Michael Parziale, author of "Twilight of the Past: A Rift in Time"
- What are Your Options Regarding Forex Options Brokers?
- Option Trading Basics
- The Courage to Say Yes
Brexit vote live: Michael Gove says no-deal Brexit option must remain on the table have 293 words, post on www.cityam.com at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.