29 March 2019 • 2:58pm MPs reject Theresa May’s Withdrawal Agreement Deal defeated for third time 344 votes to 286, a majority of 58 PM hints at possible general election and long Brexit delay Donald Tusk immediately calls emergency EU summit on April 10 TIG applies to be political party, will change name to Change UK If MPs reject Theresa May’s deal again, few options remain Nigel Farage: Only a revolution can save British politics now Allison Pearson: We should have been toasting our independence Sign up to the Telegraph’s Brexit WhatsApp group Theresa May’s Brexit divorce deal has been rejected by MPs for a third time as the UK was set on a course for either a no-deal departure from the EU or a long Article 50 extension. The Prime Minister’s Withdrawal Agreement was defeated by 344 to 286, a majority of 58, as she failed to secure a Commons majority. Mrs May will face renewed pressure to quit after losing the third crucial vote on her deal which means the Brexit deadlock remains unbroken. If MPs had agreed to the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK would have been able to leave the EU on May 22 with a deal. But by… Read full this story
- Andrea Leadsom quits UK government in fresh Brexit blow for Theresa May
- Brexit: Theresa May compromises with eurosceptic lawmakers on customs bill
- Brexit failure forces British Prime Minister Theresa May to announce resignation
- Theresa May attacks Boris Johnson over Brexit and Covid quarantine plans
- Theresa May told: raise your game in three months or face revolt
- Theresa May savages Boris Johnson for bringing in David Frost 'a political appointee with no proven expertise' as national security adviser after PM axes Mark Sedwill from post SHE gave him
- Theresa May says UK's new national security adviser has 'no proven expertise'
- Theresa May to say UK is 'prepared to accept hard Brexit'
- UK’s Theresa May seeks respite from Brexit walking in Wales
- Brexit UK news LIVE: Boris Johnson says no-deal is a ‘very good option’ as negotiations delay and pound value plummets
Brexit latest news: Theresa May's deal defeated again by 58 votes have 331 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.