The moment that Apple fans around the world have been waiting for is finally here – Apple has unveiled its second generation AirPods.
The wireless earphones were announced via a hilarious tweet by Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook .
He tweeted a photo of him drawing the new AirPods on a new iPad, which Apple announced on Monday using the same photo.
Apple has also posted information about the new AirPods on its website.
The wireless earphones feature the new Apple-designed H1 chip, which provides faster connection times and better performance efficiency.
Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, said: “AirPods delivered a magical wireless experience and have become one of the most beloved products we’ve ever made.
“They connect easily with all of your devices, and provide crystal clear sound and intuitive, innovative control of your music and audio.
“The world’s best wireless headphones just got even better with the new AirPods.
“They are powered by the new Apple-designed H1 chip which brings an extra hour of talk time, faster connections, hands-free ‘Hey Siri’ and the convenience of a new wireless battery case.”
The H1 chip allows the AirPods to deliver up to 50% more talk time compared to the first generation AirPods.
It also means the AirPods now feature the convenience of Siri, allowing users to change songs, make calls, adjust the volume or get directions by saying ‘Hey Siri.’
Customers can choose to buy the AirPods with the standard charging case ($159), or the new Wireless Charging Case ($199).
Each case holds enough charge for 24 hours of listening time, reducing the need to carry a charger with you.
The new AirPods are available to order online from today, and will be available in stores next week.
Latest Apple news
- President Trump says he’s having dinner with Apple CEO Tim Cook, praises him for ‘investing big dollars in U.S.A.’
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘I’ve only had good years’
- An elite Google hacker is directly challenging Apple CEO Tim Cook to donate over $2 million to charity
- Axl Rose called Apple CEO Tim Cook ‘the Donald Trump of the music industry’
- Apple gives CEO Tim Cook 22% increase in pay
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: I don’t want my nephew on a social network
- Tim Cook finally reveals what he and President Trump talked about behind closed doors last month
- Trump is lashing out over the ‘Tim Apple’ snafu, reportedly claiming he did say Tim Cook’s surname
- Tim Cook’s daily routine starts by getting up at 4 a.m. and reading user comments for an hour
- Tim Cook made over $15 million in 2018 — that’s 283 times more than the median Apple employee earned
- Tim Cook made over $136 million in total compensation in 2018, including a $12 million bonus
- ‘Lunchtime got a whole lot more exciting’: Tim Cook posts gif of Apple Park’s spectacular sliding doors
- Tim Cook says Apple’s iPhone X sales were a Super Bowl victory — even if you wanted the team to win by ‘a few more points’
- Apple says that Trump’s looming tariffs on China would increase prices on Apple Watch and AirPods
- Tim Cook is throwing lots of shade — first at Amazon, then at Mark Zuckerberg
- Private texts show FBI agents thought Tim Cook was a ‘hypocrite’ in the San Bernardino iPhone encryption fight
- Tim Cook says Apple told users it was slowing their iPhones, but adds, ‘I don’t think a lot of people were paying attention’
- Apple's Tim Cook changes his Twitter name to 'Tim Apple' after Trump gaffe
- Apple had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week — here’s what happened
- President Trump just referred to Apple’s CEO as ‘Tim Apple’
Apple second generation AirPods revealed in hilarious tweet by CEO Tim Cook have 603 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.