PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) – The second son of Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has confirmed that Hollywood actor Benedict Cumberbatch has severed business ties with him, because of his father’s anti-Semitic remarks. Tan Sri Mokhzani Mahathir said that it was Mr Cumberbatch’s prerogative to do so. “Ben has decided that being associated with me is the same as being associated with my father indirectly, so that’s his prerogative. “If he feels very strongly about whatever my father says and has concerns there could be repercussions because of that, that’s his prerogative,” Mr Mokhzani told The Star Online on Wednesday (March 20). Mr Mokhzani was said to have invested £1 million (S$1.8 million) in Sunny March productions, a company involved in movies and TV programmes, in partnership with Mr Cumberbatch and two others. Mr Mokhzani said he met Mr Cumberbatch when he visited Malaysia in 2014, as part of the Laureas Awards, before the English actor was his guest at the Formula One race here. “After that, we kept in touch and he invited me to invest in his movie start-up company,” he said. Mr Cumberbatch is best-known for starring as Sherlock Holmes in a mini-series and for… Read full this story
- Oh God, Stop Telling Benedict Cumberbatch You Think His Mom Is 'Hot'
- Benedict Cumberbatch on Doctor Strange: 'It's mind-blowing and very funny'
- Mother Fights for Justice After Natural Childbirth Providers Kill her Son
- The best shows that didn’t make our Top 40
- The 10 Most Batshit Crazy Celebrity-Themed Gifts to Give This Year
- Grapevine: Giant statue of Jeff Goldblum appears in London
- Why The Germans Are Leading The Resurgence Of The American Auto Union
- Youth Movement
- Criminal wealth totalling £325BILLION has flowed through UK and paid for private jets, luxury yachts and mansions - nearly twice as much as researchers previously thought
- Hour 3: Kelly in; Roker, Hall Out
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch severs business ties with Malaysian PM's son Mokhzani have 304 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.