A wedding day has many sartorial customs, from walking down the aisle in a white dress to wearing something blue for luck. Heels, however, are no longer on the list of requirements.
Many modern brides have made the sensible decision to ditch stilettos for a more casual (and comfortable) pair of sneakers, leaving them to enjoy the day pain-free and dance the night away.
From personalised ‘Mrs’ Converse to elegant satin ribbon laces and sparkly Jimmy Choo sneakers - here are all the best bridal trainer options.
The budget bride: Kate Spade x Keds
last year Kate Spade collaborated with Keds on a super feminine range of bridal trainers. Styles range from glitter-covered tennis shoes with elegant ribbon laces, to embellished ‘Triple-Decker’ flatform plimsolls.
And with prices starting at £75, they’re a cost effective option to take you from the aisle to the dance floor.
Get The Look: Triple decker bow sneakers by Keds x Kate Spade, £110 | Shop them here
The bespoke bride: Personalised Converse
Weddings are all about the personal touches, which is why British brand Wedding Converse allow you to personalise (guaranteed 100% authentic) trainers from Converse, Vans, Nike and Adidas.
From a customised name or the date of your wedding on the side to ’just married’ adorned on the heel of each shoe, brides can get creative with whatever detail they prefer.
You can also jazz them up even further by embellishing the tip with Swarovski crystals and adding satin laces.
Get The Look: Ivory wedding Converse, £105 by Wedding Converse | Shop them here
The classic bride: Superga
Superga recently launched a wedding edit, which includes everything from retro white high-tops, to their signature sleek tennis shoes and even trainers with a 7cm platform for those who need the extra height.
There’s even a bridal-appropriate pair covered in delicate white lace, perfect for those with a matching lace dress. They also come with two sets of laces, one ribbon for your special day and one normal so you can wear them for years to come.
Get The Look: Lace trainers, £60 by Superga | Shop it here
The luxe-loving bride: Jimmy Choo
For many, the excuse to buy a pair of designer shoes for their wedding day is just too good an opportunity to pass up.
But, just because you ditch heels doesn’t mean you can’t invest in a piece of luxury footwear.
Popular bridal shoe brand Jimmy Choo recently launched The Diamond Sneaker range which, as the name suggests, features a super sparkly collection of sneakers covered in dazzling Swarovksi crystals. You might not fancy vertiginous stilettos, but you can still have the showstopping shoes of your dreams.
Get The Look: Crystal Shimmer Suede Low Top Trainers, £2,795 by Jimmy Choo | Shop them here
- Brian Austin Green seen wearing his wedding band at Calabasas grocery store... one day after wife Megan Fox was spotted shopping WITHOUT hers
- Secrets of Meghan Markle's glowing Zoom look: Duchess opted for brushed brows, a 'juicy' lipgloss and a 'wedding day' finish
- Want to get the wedding day glow? These eating tips will help the bride-to-be
- Coronavirus: We held a 'not our wedding day' celebration
- How to avoid Amazon: the definitive guide to online shopping – without the retail titan
- Woman who has collection of 500 pairs of shoes worth £25k says she’s been wearing heels every day in lockdown
- $50 Billion Big Fat Indian Wedding Industry Loses its Lustre Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Caroline Wozniacki opens up about PERFECT wedding to David Lee ahead of Wimbledon match - EXCLUSIVE
- 21 of the most iconic royal wedding dresses: Princess Eugenie, Meghan Markle & more
- Sing along with Vera Lynn: Celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day with this definitive TV guide... plus how to make bunting and Winston Churchill's Swiss Roll
A definitive guide to wearing trainers on your wedding day have 616 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.