Picture: AFP Gaza City. A Palestinian was killed by Israeli fire on the Gaza border early Saturday, the territory’s health ministry said, hours ahead of planned mass protests, reported AFP. The ministry said Mohammed Saad, 20, died after being hit in the head with shrapnel caused by Israeli army fire east of Gaza City. Protesters at the site said he had been taking part in an overnight rally ahead of the main demonstration scheduled for Saturday afternoon. They said he was more than 100 metres (yards) from the heavily-fortified border fence when he was hit and had been on crutches due to a previous injury. An Israeli army spokeswoman declined to comment. Thousands are expected to demonstrate on Saturday afternoon at various points along the Gaza-Israel border, one year after the start of regular mass protests demanding the right of return for Palestinian refugees to homes now in Israel. At least 259 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire since the protests began, the vast majority along the border. Two Israeli soldiers have also been killed. © 2019 All rights reserved. Citing Focus Information Agency is mandatory!
- Israel launches airstrikes on Gaza Strip after border protest bloodshed
- 40 children killed in year of Gaza border protests: UN
- Four killed as thousands protest at border, but Gaza Israel truce holds
- Palestinians accuse Israel of violating Gaza truce
- Israel presses on with Gaza air attacks
- Hamas leaders to meet in Gaza amid Israel truce reports
- Emergency UN General Assembly meeting on Gaza called for Wednesday
- UN Security Council hears Gaza restraint calls
- Gaza truce largely holds after Israeli strikes over soldier death
- Israel reopens Gaza crossing as truce talks progress
АFP: Palestinian killed by Israel fire ahead of border protests: Gaza ministry have 265 words, post on www.focus-fen.net at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.