Britain’s ‘big four’ supermarkets have been ranked among the worst in Britain by customers. Consumer magazine Which?’s survey put Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco in shoppers’ five least-favourite supermarkets , alongside Iceland. Consumers awarded low scores to the four chains for quality of produce and own-label brands. Budget-friendly Aldi and Lidl both performed well, with scores of 68% and 66%. Both were awarded five stars for value for money. Asda placed bottom for in-store shopping, with a score of 56%. Its own-label produce was awarded just one star for quality, with fresh produce achieving just two stars. Asda’s online customers said they rarely received an online shop where one of their desired items was not substituted for another brand or variety, with 55% receiving at least one substituted item in their last order. Some of the swaps reported by Asda customers included parsley replacing basil, potato gratin instead of macaroni cheese and red wine vinegar switched for a bottle of red wine. Tesco’s in-store experience scored just 59%, with customers awarding the chain just two stars for value. Its online service impressed though, with a score of 71% Sainsbury’s scored 63% for in-store, and 69% for online, with two stars… Read full this story
- Is Brexit Dead? U.K. Government Suffers Worst Defeat in a Century
- Uncertainty mounts as U.K. leader seeks to delay key Brexit vote
- Theresa May Tried to Lead Britain to a Brexit Compromise. Was It Too Late?
- EU pressures Britain as Brexit talks intensify
- Britain and E.U. Agree on a Plan for Brexit
- EU court adviser says Britain can change its mind on Brexit
- EU court adviser: Britain could change mind on Brexit
- Black Friday 2018: A not-so-wild day for American shoppers
- America's biggest grocery chain says shoppers wary about future
- Exclusive: Leading Brexit donors say Britain will reverse decision to leave EU
The supermarkets voted the worst in Britain by shoppers have 297 words, post on www.chroniclelive.co.uk at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.