At the opening of the first EU-Arab summit in Egypt, Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud read “1937 borders” instead of the commonly accepted “1967 borders”, while laying out the kingdom’s vision for the Palestinian issue, which is contrary to the generally accepted position on the matter, Anadolu Agency reported. Other media outlets, however, quoted him as saying the “1967 borders”. © AP Photo / Ariel SchalitTrump, Netanyahu to Set Up Palestinian State After Election, Minister ClaimsDuring the 1936-1939 Arab Revolt in Mandatory Palestine, the Peel Commission published a report suggesting that the Arab-Jewish deadlock could not be resolved by creating a single state, and recommended for the first time a partition of the land into a Jewish state and an Arab state alongside an international zone. Under the plan, the Jewish state would get the bigger share of land, while Arabs were to receive territories in the south and mid-east, including Judea, Samaria, and the Negev desert. Many Arabs hope to see a two-state solution and a return of Palestinian land located behind the so-called “1967 lines”, re-establishing borders from before the Six Day War, when Israel seized the Gaza Strip from Egypt, as well as the West Bank and East Jerusalem from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria.
- Saudi-Led Coalition Repels Attack Launched by Houthis, Reports Say
- Saudi King Invites Qatar Emir to Visit Coop Council Amid Diplomatic Row - Report
- Legendary talk show host Larry King dies aged 87 at LA hospital just three weeks after being transferred from the ICU as he battled COVID
- U.S. Designates Houthis Terrorists in Final Donald Trump Gift to Saudi Arabia's MBS
- Abbas decrees first Palestinian elections in over 15 years
- With Israel Still Leading in Pace of Vaccination, Palestinians Have Yet to Receive Their First Jabs
- Detained former Saudi crown prince at risk after social media attack, say lawyers
- Is the Saudi 'city of the future' overly ambitious?
- Chile regrets panic triggered by mistaken tsunami warning after quake
- Saudi Arabia, MBS Brace for Biden Action on Yemen, Khashoggi Murder
Saudi King Mistakenly Recounts Palestinian State on '1937 Borders' – Reports have 328 words, post on sputniknews.com at February 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.