Samsung has unveiled its new Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone, the tenth anniversary phone in its “S” series range that see the South Korean company release three new smartphones.
The S10 comes in three versions, the regular S10, a larger S10 Plus and a cheaper variant, the S10E. It comes with a host of new features that could tempt iPhone users into parting with their phone, including an in-screen fingerprint scanner and a triple lens rear camera.
Samsung will also be launched a 5G version of its phone, but it will not be out for a few months yet.
It is also Samsung’s most expensive new S series phone. The S10 Plus includes capacity of up to 1TB of data and up to 12GB of RAM, making the phone one of its most powerful and pricey yet.
Here is everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus best features
The Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a number of firsts for Samsung, most notably a triple lens camera, a punch hole display and reverse charging.
Punch hole display
Samsung has redesigned its trademark Infinity Display with its new Infinity O design. This new design has been dubbed a punch hole display, as the selfie camera pops through the screen.
The S10 comes with a Quad HD display that comes in at 6.1-inches. The S10 Plus has a 6.4-inch display.
The display is change on 2017’s “notch” design that started with the iPhone X and was adopted by smartphone makers.
Samsung, however stuck with its Infinity Display, which sees the edges of the phone bend away and gives more screen space.
The S10 and S10 Plus both come with a new triple camera build, in case you felt you needed even more cameras. These are made up of a 16MP ultra wide lens with a F2.2 aperture for taking wide shots, a dual pixel 12MP lens and a 12MP telephoto lens.
These triple lens cameras will let users take pictures with blurred background, or “bokeh” effects. But Samsung’s new artificial intelligence technology will let users take images that isolate different colours, or say, turn the background of a portrait black and white in real time.
It keeps other camera features from previous models, such as a super slow motion mode.
The front camera is a dual pixel 10MP lens.
Reverse wireless charging
Samsung has followed Huawei into offering up its phones as a source of power to rival devices. The Samsung S10 has such a powerful 3,400mAh battery and reverse wireless charging, meaning that it can power up your iPhone XS.
But this also have other uses. The powerful battery can charge the new pair of wireless Galaxy Buds, Samsung’s AirPod challengers, in their charging case. Move over AirPower?
Samsung S10 memory and specs
The Samsung Galaxy S10 will come with significantly bumped up internal specs compared to its older models.
The regular S10 will come with between 128GB and 512GB of storage. Inside, the regular S10 is said to have around 6GB and 8GB of RAM.
The larger S10 Plus will come with 6GB of storage and 128GB of RAM, 8GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage, and finally a massive 12GB of RAM and 1TB of storage
Samsung Galaxy S10E: What’s the difference?
Samsung is also launching a cut price version of its S series smartphone for the first time. The phone will be a less high powered version of the new Samsung S10 and will come with a smaller 5.8-inch screen. It will come with a flat display compared to the normal curved screens on the flagship Galaxy range.
It comes with a slightly smaller battery of 3,100 MAh and features 6GB of RAM or 8GB, and 126GB of storage or 256GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Here’s everything you need to know
- The Samsung Galaxy Fold is now finally available for purchase
- New iPhone 12 release date, leaks and what we're expecting
- Samsung Galaxy S11 release date, price, news and leaks
- Android 10 release date, new features and everything you need to know
- Motorola Razr 2019 release date, price, news and leaks
- Launch day: The Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the 5G model are here
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review
- Huawei P30 and P30 Pro: Everything you need to know
- The LG G7 ThinQ: Here’s everything you need to know
- Wi-Fi 6: everything you need to know
- The best smartphone of 2019: 15 top mobile phones tested and ranked
- With the 7T, OnePlus has now launched four phones in the U.S. this year
- 5G phones: these are the first next-gen handsets
- The dual-screen LG G8X ThinQ launches on November 1 for just $700
- LG G8X Dual Screen review: better than you might ThinQ
- The best smartphones for 2019
Samsung Galaxy S10: Features, specs, release date and everything you need to know have 790 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.