While conferring the award on Modi, the award committee recognised his contribution to the growth of Indian and global economies, crediting ‘Modinomics’ for reducing social and economic disparity between the rich and the poor.
The committee also credited him for his contribution toward reginal and global peace through a proactive policy with countries around the world. Modi is the 14th recepient of the award and the past laureates included former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and renowned international relief organizations like Doctors Without Borders and Oxfam.
The Seoul Peace Prize was established in 1990 to commemorate the success of the 24th Olympic Games held in Seoul. The award was established to crystalise Korean people’s yearning for peace on the Korean peninsula and in the rest of the world.
- Despite his achievements, Imran Khan does not deserve a Nobel Peace Prize
- Barack Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
- Obama's Nobel Peace Prize
- Abe mum on reports he nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- Obama's Peace Prize Speech Text
- Why Modi's
- Global Change Leaders (GCL) Program 2019
- British manufacturing output slips to ninth globally behind France
- UN Report on Global Warming Carries Life-Or-Death Warning
- ASEAN The Growth Leadership Program for Youth (GLPY)
- Global Finance Officials Pledge to Tackle Economic Slowdown
- The MPH Global Health Program – Thammasat University
- 2018 Nobel Prize in Medicine Awarded to 2 Cancer Immunotherapy Researchers
- Global markets sink again as tech and retail stocks drop
- PM arrives in Saudi Arabia; to attend key economic forum, hold bilateral talks with King Salman
- Politicising unemployment: The job-guzzlers Modi cannot be blamed for
- Development as a chapter in the moral tale of economics – John Rapley
- A national tourism bill: Tourism an important engine of growth in new economy, we need an Incredible India 2.0
- The poisoned chalice: Imran Khan’s chivalry has actually helped Modi win the election
- Blog Public health matters Global health
PM Modi conferred Seoul Peace Prize for contribution to international cooperation, global economic growth have 356 words, post on news.abplive.com at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.