GOOD news for fans of Dirty John – the show WILL return to our screens with a new series, but will have an entirely new cast and story.
The american drama is based on a podcast, which focuses on the life of sociopath and con artist, Meehan.
The first season of popular programme ends in some gruesome consequences after the series unravels the romance between Meehan (Eric Bana). and Debra (Connie Britton).
Now show bosses have ordered a second season but instead it will be a docu-series which will investigate the real life of the main character Meehan, through the eyes of those he hurt.
His real-life crimes shocked audiences in series one, with some left too scared to watch the show.
Nicknamed Dirty John for the vulgar way he described having sex with women at college, the then 55-year-old was a serial offender who preyed on innocent women and used revenge porn as a form of extortion.
Criminal records showed John had spent time behind bars for stealing anaesthetic drugs from the hospital he worked at – and that he had three stalking injunctions from women he’d harassed.
Before Debra, Meehan was married to Tonia Sells, who was first to unravel his lies.
The new series, which will feature a different cast and format, will be produced by Herzog & Co and Los Angeles Times Studios, with executive producers Mark Herzog, Christopher G. Cowen and Alexandra Cunningham, of Desperate Housewives fame all on board.
Bradley Cooper and girlfriend look glum as ex mocks steamy Oscars duet with Gaga
James Argent begs to be let back into Gemma Collins’ house after she dumps him
IT’S ROLL OVER ARG
Gemma Collins dumps Arg after ‘more rolls than Greggs’ fat-shaming jibe
peace and love
James Argent is all smiles as he’s seen for first time since Gemma split
Bradley Cooper’s relationship ‘is incredibly tense’ after he cosied up to Gaga
STREET OF SHAME
‘Dangerous’ Janet Street Porter slammed by fans over anti-painkillers rant
President of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment Frances Berwick told Deadline: “For the Bravo audience, it’s a chillingly relatable story of love, manipulation and survival that dovetails nicely with our other original scripted series Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce and Imposters.
“For Oxygen, it joins a roster of exclusive access, high-stakes premium content that the network is becoming known for among true crime enthusiasts.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- The Umbrella Academy, Dirty John, Lorena
- Does Dirty John season 2 have a release date yet and has the plot been revealed?
- All the New Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books You Need to Put On Your Radar This Fall
- Best Netflix documentaries right now
- Paul Scheer says his new movie, Slice, is the hardest to describe
- What’s new for streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services
- Obsessed with Fyre Fest drama? Netflix, Hulu documentaries compete to tell the truth
- You should watch both Fyre Fest docs on Hulu and Netflix (despite Hulu's shade-throwing)
- Shopper News blog: Chili cookoff new venture for Beaver Ridge UMC