A man was slashed in the face following a suspected knife attack in Cork city today.
The incident occurred on Anglesea Terrace at around 1pm.
It’s understood a row flared between at least two men during which one of the men suffered a facial wound.
Gardaí and paramedics were alerted and the man received initial treatment at the scene before he was taken to Cork University Hospital for further treatment.
There were pools of blood on the ground and piles of bloodied clothing were clearly visible.
But a garda spokesman described the man’s wounds as not life-threatening.
The scene has been sealed off and has been examined by forensic experts.
Detectives are waiting for medical clearance to talk to the injured party.
No arrests have been made yet and garda enquiries are ongoing.
- London stabbing: Man rushed to hospital after knife attack in Westminster
- Man charged over spate of knife attacks in north London
- 'Every Bone' Broken In Man's Face From Road Rage Attack: Report
- Police were warned about suspect in knife attacks days before
- Knife attacks more than DOUBLE in five years in parts of UK
- Petra Kvitova knife attack: Tennis star in first interview after Radim Zondra sentenced
- Moment mass brawl erupts at London restaurant where man 'slashed' and seven left injured in front of horrified families
- Shocking footage of man stabbed in the face and slashed across back in sick central London knife attack
- Man fighting for life after fifth knife attack in Edmonton following weekend stabbing rampage
- Gang of 20 try to slice off pub drinker's ear as TROPHY in Reservoir Dogs style knife attack