Mathews is requesting primary physical custody and joint legal custody of son Greyson Valor, 2, and daughter Meilani Alexandra, 4, according to the documents filed Jan. 24 and obtained by The Blast. Additionally, he is requesting that a custody schedule“in the children’s best interest” be determined by the court.
In his filing, Mathews has reportedly requested both alimony and monthly child support from Farley.
Mathews is challenging his and Farley’s prenuptial agreement and has requested that a judge find it “invalid and unenforceable,” the website reports.
PEOPLE is out to Farley’s rep for comment.
After nearly three years of marriage, Farley filed for divorce from Mathews on Sept. 12, according to New Jersey’s Asbury Park Press.
“The Plaintiff and the Defendant have irreconcilable differences which have caused the breakdown of the marriage for a period of at least six months which make it appear that the marriage should be dissolved and that there is no prospect of reconciliation,” Farley’s complaint stated.
Farley and Mathew tied the knot in October 2015 after nearly five years together in front of a guests including her Jersey Shore castmates Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi and Pauly D, and Bachelorette alums Trista and Ryan Sutter.
They began dating in 2010 after meeting in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, while Farley was filming the third season of Jersey Shore. The couple got engaged in September 2012 while filming MTV’s Jersey Shore spin-off, Snooki & JWoww.
Last week, Farley accused Mathews of physical and emotional abuse in a lengthy statement shared on her personal website. The reality star also released footage that allegedly showed Mathews attacking her. In the clip, a man, who appears to be Mathews, can be seen shoving a woman, presumably Farley, to the ground in the kitchen of a home.
Farley also alleged in her statement that Mathews’ social media posts “are consumed with inaccuracies, false statements, self-serving comments, outright misrepresentations and blatant lies.”
She accused Mathews of neglecting their children on multiple occasions, recalling an incident where he allegedly didn’t let a therapist into the house for Greyson’s scheduled appointment “even though she stood there knocking and ringing the bell for 30 minutes in the freezing cold.” (Greyson has autism, Farley revealed in November 2018.)
One day later, Mathews denied Farley’s claims in an Instagram video.
“I sit here humbly before you today, a pretty heartbroken man in light of recent circumstances and things that were said about me in a long, rambling rant that was highly erroneous and had many lies in it,” he said.
RELATED VIDEO: Jenni Farley’s Ex Charged with Extortion After Allegedly Threatening to Sell Stories About Her
Mathews said that while his lawyers prepared a statement for him, he instead decided to “shoot from the hip.”
“We’re going to address this in court, which is the proper place to address this where it should be,” he said. “We’ve proven Jenni and her attorneys to be liars in the past and we will do it again. There is a deep-rooted history of this — playing the victim. This is just the early stages of this and I know we have the proponents of truth on our side.”
“In light of the recent accusations, I would like to clarify one point: I did not post the message to Roger to cause him any upset,” she said. “My intention was to protect our children and to liberate myself from all of the pain I had endured for so many years, to finally be free from the abuse and now look into the future more positively for the sake of the kids.”
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Ex Roger Mathews Requests Primary Physical Custody
- 'Jersey Shore': Jenni 'JWoww' Farley Cries Over Custody Issues With Ex-Husband Roger Mathews After Divorce
- Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Ex Roger Mathews Says He's 'Blessed,' Reveals New Photo of Kids Following Divorce
- Shannon Beador's Husband David Requests Joint Legal & Physical Custody of Kids amid Divorce
- 'Jersey Shore' Star JWoww Files for Divorce From Husband of Less Than 3 Years
- Ilhan Omar Files For Divorce Amid Rumors Of An Affair
- Channing Tatum files to change child custody agreement with ex-Jenna Dewan as he details his life as a single dad to daughter Everly, five
- Shannon Beador Says She Has No Interest in a 'War of Words' During Messy Divorce from David
- Geena Davis Says She Was Never Legally Married to Reza Jarrahy Despite His File for Divorce
- Brooke Burke Kisses Mystery Man 5 Months After Filing for Divorce from David Charvet
- Martin alum Tisha Campbell seeking 'spousal support and joint custody' of kids in divorce from Duane Martin
- Mel B accuses nanny who 'broke apart her marriage' to Stephen Belafonte of being her former husband's 'girlfriend and mistress'
- Brooke Burke and David Charvet Finalize Divorce, Will Share Custody of 2 Kids
- Dubai ruler's wife Princess Haya fled to London after her billionaire husband 'became suspicious about her friendship with her British bodyguard'
- Larsa Pippen Files for Divorce from NBA Star Husband Scottie After More Than 21 Years of Marriage
- See the shocking moment RHONY’s Jules Wainstein ‘attacked husband with a bat and LICKED his car window’
- Should Divorcing Couples File Jointly or Separately in PA?
- Scottie Pippen's Lawyer Addresses Larsa Pippen's 911 Calls Claiming Her Husband Was 'Aggressive'
- Britney Spears Pays Kevin Federline $20K a Month in Child Support — and Lawyer Says He's Requesting 'Three Times' More
- Hands off my Joe! Incredible moment Jill Biden threw herself in front of lunging vegan protester to protect her husband during his Super Tuesday victory speech
Jenni 'JWoww' Farley's Husband Requests Primary Physical Custody of Children in Divorce Filing have 1042 words, post on people.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.