Police and firefighters are continuing their investigating after four children were killed in a house fire earlier this week. Three boys and a girl died as a result of the blaze on Sycamore Lane in the Highfields area of Stafford in the early hours of Tuesday morning. The children have yet to be formally identified, but are believed to be Riley Holt, aged eight, Keegan Unitt, aged six, Tilly Rose Unitt, aged four, and Olly Unitt, aged three. Three other people, a 24-year-old woman, a 28-year-old man and a two-year-old boy escaped the blaze and are undergoing treatment – although Staffordshire Police say their injuries are not life-threatening. This afternoon (Thursday February 7), Staffordshire Police confirmed they remained at the scene – along with Staffordshire Fire and Rescue and West Midlands Fire Service as a forensic investigation into the cause of the fire continued. Chief Inspector Gemma Ward, Commander of Stafford Neighbourhood Policing Team, thanked the public for their patience and their continuing support as the investigation continues – with nearby businesses and people in the area bringing refreshments to emergency services staff at the scene. Rob Barber, Deputy Chief Fire Officer at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service added: “Our… Read full this story
- 'Reprehensible': World reacts to horror of Syrian gas attack that killed children
- The Dr. Kenneth Pettine drug investigation: 'I was destroyed'
- Who is Stephen Paddock? Police say he killed 59 in Las Vegas shooting rampage
- INVESTIGATION: Seidle suspended before killing
- 10 children among 84 dead in France; suspect ID'd as petty criminal
- 4 Indianapolis SWAT officers shot; suspect killed
- Park Tudor: Headmaster's suicide unrelated to investigation
- Could Trump's 2018 budget kill Sesame Street's beloved Big Bird?
- 1 killed as feds move in, arrest protest leader Ammon Bundy
- Platte shaken by murder-suicide that killed 6
Investigation continues following fire that killed four children have 281 words, post on www.stokesentinel.co.uk at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.