Liberal democracy is under siege. ‘Authoritarian populists’ threaten our liberal norms; ‘surveillance capitalism’ could make our freedoms meaningless. A recent conference in Dublin run by the think-tank Tasc brought together, from across Europe, some of those trying to find solutions. Here are some of their ideas.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry’s most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post’s extensive archive
- American Liberal Political Philosophy
- Indian Democracy's Black Spot
- Factbox: The policies fueling liberal Senator Warren's presidential campaign
- Indian Democracy and Its Revolutionary Maoists
- We Fight Fascists by Daniel Sonabend review – sabotage and street scuffles
- Election campaign marked by ‘unhealthy’ polarization, and it may be about to get worse