Liberal democracy is under siege. ‘Authoritarian populists’ threaten our liberal norms; ‘surveillance capitalism’ could make our freedoms meaningless. A recent conference in Dublin run by the think-tank Tasc brought together, from across Europe, some of those trying to find solutions. Here are some of their ideas. Please Subscribe or Log in to continue reading Please Subscribe or Log in to continue reading Subscribe Login Independent journalism every day With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want. Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile. Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week. Live blogs of major news events Videos and podcasts from some of the industry’s most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider Access to The Business Post’s extensive archive
- Why illiberal democracies are on the rise in Europe
- People abroad are asking their militaries to save their democracies. It won’t work.
- Mitch Albom: Professor's hateful tweets not what tenure should protect
- Is this the way to uphold the glory of the Liberation War?
- Professor’s hateful tweets not what tenure should protect
- Democracy Now’s “Alt Media” Platform for Humanitarian Imperialism in Syria : Indybay
- Draining the data swamp: who owns the ‘virtual you?’
- Mindful of the Republic
- Islam and Islamism in Turkey: A Conversation with İsmail Kara [PART 1]
- Thank You Donald! What Trump Means for Germany's Future
Five ideas for how to protect liberal democracy have 249 words, post on www.businesspost.ie at February 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.