This brutal survey of the worst towns in the country to live in has revealed a surprising new winner. Peterborough in Cambridgeshire came bottom of the brutal ‘Crap Town’ list with residents condemning it as “backwards” and “miserable”. The city boasts a 12th century cathedral, a Bronze Age village, a fossil display and a sizeable population of almost 200,000 inhabitants. Despite its impressive cultural and historical significance, one person described it as “the biggest dump in England with aggressive and inbred residents”. Almost 50,000 people cast their vote for ilivehere.co.uk’s ranking Britain’s least inspiring places to live. These are the towns that make up the list… 1) Peterborough The town has its fair share of detractors who say it is less than welcoming to visitors. The guide says: “If booking a weekend get-away in Peterborough, it is customary if a stranger holds eye contact with you for more than three seconds, to shout ‘What?’ and become extremely aggressive.” Another described the people as “without doubt some of the most aggressive, miserable, backwards, negative people I have ever come across”. 2) Huddersfield There’s not a lot to love about this West-Midlands market town, according to repsondents. One person said: “There’s nothing… Read full this story
- Britain’s most expensive seaside town revealed
- Cheapest and most expensive market towns revealed
- 10 flight attendants reveal their favourite places to visit
- Top 10 biggest brands revealed
- The world's top 10 tech investors revealed
- The world's top 10 travel destinations revealed
- Britain's favourite emojis revealed
- Britain's kindest cities revealed - how generous is London?
- The world's top 10 youngest billionaires revealed - the youngest of them all is 24
- Britain's WORST banks revealed
Britain's top 10 'crap towns' revealed have 268 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.