0 Have your say Nicola Sturgeon need only say one sentence to ruin Jacob Rees-Mogg’s hopes for a no-deal Brexit, writes Brian Wilson. Another week, another series of mini-dramas. At the end of it, what has changed? Absolutely nothing.Realities which have been obvious for months, to anyone lacking a vested interest in avoiding them, are simply becoming more urgent. Yet there are still hiding places in empty rhetoric and useless posturing.Amidst all the skirmishes, there have been two sets of straight lines with clear destinations in sight. Theresa May is custodian of the first and, let’s say, Jacob Rees-Mogg of the alternative.The Prime Minister aims to deliver a negotiated withdrawal deal by 29 March, give or take a few months, very close to the one agreed with the EU on 13 November. If that option prevails, life will go on pretty much as at present and negotiations will continue.This is an interim outcome I can live with. I do not want a physical border within Ireland and I support remaining close to a Customs Union, so I welcome the “backstop” rather than revile it and have yet to hear any convincing counter-argument.Mrs May is accused of “running down the clock”…. Read full this story
- Watch Cusack and Paul Dano play Beach Boy Brian Wilson in the Love & Mercy trailer
- Brian Wilson to take Pet Sounds on swan song tour in 2016
- Deal: Want a great smartwatch? The stylish Samsung Gear S2 Classic has received its biggest discount to date!
- Comments for : Deal: Want a great smartwatch? The stylish Samsung Gear S2 Classic has received its biggest discount to date!
- Comments for : Deal: Want a 2-in-1 tablet? The Microsoft Store is offering the biggest Huawei MateBook discount to date!
- Deal: Want a 2-in-1 tablet? The Microsoft Store is offering the biggest Huawei MateBook discount to date!
- Exclusive: The CBI warns Liam Fox's Brexit trade plans could bankrupt British companies
- Norway or no way? Can Efta fix it for Brexit Britain?
- Lords inflict another major Brexit defeat on Theresa May as they back ‘meaningful vote’ on EU deal
- Pictures: Farage Joins Fishing Boat-Burning Protest Against May’s Brexit Betrayal
Brexit: Sturgeon can end threat of no-deal if she wants to – Brian Wilson have 366 words, post on www.scotsman.com at February 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.