- PM to rule out staying in EU customs union after backlash
- Eurosceptic parties could paralyse Brussels, report warns
- William Hague: Deselecting Brexit rebels would poison the Tories
- Sign up: Brexit Whatsapp updates and all-new Brexit Bulletin
Andrea Leadsom has told Conservative MPs not the be “purist” about making changes to the Irish backstop, as she conceded that a second vote on the deal may not happen until days before Brexit.
The Leader of the House of Commons has suggested that the Withdrawal Agreement does not need to be reopened to deliver on the demands of Brexiteers, who are seeking a time limit or exit mechanism from the backstop.
As Theresa May prepares to update MPs on…
Start your free trial of Premium
- Access all Premium articles
- Subscriber-only events
- Cancel any time