Real Madrid suffered a bitter defeat in the final of the Copa del Rey of basketball with Barcelona edging them to be crowned champions. The Catalans held on through overtime to secure a 94-93 win in an intense finish. Barcelona, in winning this year’s competition, have successfully defended their crown. The cup has not been won by any team other than Madrid or Barcelona since 2009, when Baskonia lifted the trophy. Since then, the Catalans have won it five times, with the latest triumph taking their total to 25, while Madrid have had their names engraved on the cup 27 times in all, also claiming five successes in this decade-long duopoly.
- When Luis Figo signed for Real Madrid. Twenty years on after football's most controversial transfer
- Real Madrid move on top of La Liga after Sociedad win
- Real Madrid knew we'd win trophies without Ronaldo, says Modric
- Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are world football’s most valuable brands - Study
- PIX: Real Madrid seal La Liga title as Barcelona lose
- Barcelona wins derby against Espanyol, relegates city rival
- La Liga: Newly-crowned champion Real Madrid draw final game to send Leganes down
- Real Madrid 2 Barcelona 0 (5-1 on aggregate): Woeful Barca dismissed as Zinedine Zidane's unstoppable side win Super Cup
- Real Madrid forward Mariano tests positive for Coronavirus
- Marina Del Rey Condo In The Heart Of Silicon Beach Just Listed
Barcelona win basketball Copa del Rey with 94-93 victory over Real Madrid have 226 words, post on www.marca.com at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.