Monday February 11, 2019 01:21 AM AP FACT CHECK: Trump overstates an ‘announcement’ that he’s been cleared of collusion between Russia and his campaign during the 2016 election Written by By HOPE YEN, CALVIN WOODWARD and CHRISTOPHER RUGABER, Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is declaring exoneration prematurely in the Russia investigation. He’s tweeting that Republican Sen. Richard Burr, who chairs the Senate intelligence committee, has “announced” the panel found no collusion or conspiracy between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. That’s taking it too far. Burr did say in a published interview that he had found no evidence so far of collusion after two years of investigation, but the probe is continuing. Burr also indicated the committee’s final report may not even reach a conclusion on the question, leaving it up to the public to decide. Trump is also taking undue credit for the economy and falsely asserting a sudden turnaround under his watch, claiming job growth from the twilight of the Obama administration as his own. That overreach, seen in his State of the Union speech and other forums, extends to his boast about the shrinking numbers of people on food stamps. Likewise,… Read full this story
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s exaggerated ‘great American comeback’
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, Dems and the state of disunion
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's exaggerated 'great American comeback'
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump distorts gains in retirement accounts
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump didn’t save the Philippines from IS
- AP FACT CHECK: Bracing for Trump’s ‘relentless optimism’
- AP FACT CHECK: Ripping up copy of Trump’s speech not illegal
- AP FACT CHECK: Dems skew health care, Iraq facts in debate
- AP FACT CHECK: Bracing for Trump's 'relentless optimism'
- Fact check: Trump’s claims on climate change
AP FACT CHECK: Trump claims he's vindicated in Russia probe have 290 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at February 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.