There may have been three important points secured on Saturday against Sevilla, but Barcelona‘s Carles Alena already has his sights set on the next target.
Whilst recognising the value of the victory in Seville, he also discussed the next challenge to come.
“It’s clear that today it was important to win after coming from a few games that weren’t great,” Alena confessed.
“Now we have two Clasicos, two important games, and we want to be in the final of the Copa del Rey.”
The victory over Sevilla came thanks in large part to captain Lionel Messi, who scored a vital hat-trick.
“He’s the number one, I thought it before playing with him and I think it even more now,” Alena exclaimed in admiration.
“There is no comparison.
“You have to give up, there’s nobody else like him.”
After a disappointing first half, Ernesto Valverde looked to change the game with substitutions and introduced Alena with the scoreline level.
“In the end, Sevilla put a lot of intensity in and they demand a lot, as you saw in the first half,” he analysed.
“They wore themselves out and we took advantage, we took the step ahead with the great Messi.”
Alena will now hope that his contribution can put him in contention for a starting role in one of the upcoming clashes with Real Madrid.
- Bethesda Signs Two-Book Elder Scrolls Series With Del Rey
- .Hack Developer CyberConnect2 Wants To Handle The Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Want your Very Own Final Fantasy XIV Meteor Survivor Polo Shirt? They’ll be Available For Purchase
- Want to Try Out Final Fantasy XIII-2? Check out the PSN Next Tuesday.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Dev Explains that it Isn't Just a Matter of Improving the Graphics
- Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata Talks About Loot Boxes and His Dream Final Fantasy Game
- Final Fantasy XIV Update 4.2 Trailer Shows Kefka, Phantom Train and More; Release Date Announced
- Daisy Ridley talks Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s final scenes - the spoilers are strong with this one
- Guillermo del Toro Talks About Silent Hills Cancellation
- Mobius Final Fantasy Interview — Yoshinori Kitase Talks about the Mobile Final Fantasy